• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years, Report Says

This thread will crack me up until it finally descends into the bowels of forgotten Tunnels threads.

Obama 2016!

Does it make any sense to have government controlled oil production? Assuming we could actually produce enough oil, that is. We could therefore become truly energy independent.

I read somewhere today that analysts are predicting a decent rise in new jobs from this over the next 5 years. Somewhere between 10 and 12 million new jobs.

Great news.

I read somewhere today that analysts are predicting a decent rise in new jobs from this over the next 5 years. Somewhere between 10 and 12 million new jobs.

Great news.

I think you read that wrong. Mitt Romney said he was going to create 12 million jobs himself. Not sure where those jobs will come from since he won't be president.

I think you read that wrong. Mitt Romney said he was going to create 12 million jobs himself. Not sure where those jobs will come from since he won't be president.

Obama is planning on converting half the private sector to government employees. And increase their salaries to upper-six-figure ranges while slashing their workload down from 25 to 15 hours a week.

Not to mention that all the remaining private sector jobs will be part-time jobs.

Romney was really hoping to be the president that got the credit for the upswing in the next 4 years. Assuming that we can get the healthcare deal sorted out, I think Obama is going to come out of his 2nd term smelling like a rose. Economy is bound for an upswing, and just like he wasn't really all to blame for the slow start after the crash, he isn't really the reason we will come out of it, but if he gets the criticism, then I guess he also deserves the praise.

I am personally not all that ecstatic about the idea of adding more oil jobs as I think we need to reserve our supply as much as possible, but it is a pretty easy way to provide some stimulus to the economy, so it doesn't surprise me that we are looking to invest more in gas and oil over the next decade.

Great news.

/rj/ It makes no sense to do this. Those jobs won't even be available for at least 10-15 years. /rj/

Energy independence is still going to depend on coal and in my opinion Obama has to pull the stick out of his ass on this issue. We need clean burning coal plants and will for a long time. I hope the report is true regarding oil. It may be because the contracts the Bush administration approved are coming to fruition.

Back