• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

uh oh...more republican hypocrisy

Show me somebody who is 100% pro-life, and I'll show you somebody who has never had a pregnancy scare.

By 100% you mean no exceptions at all? There are plenty of people that have had pregnancy scares that are pro-life. I'm not sure how mainstream/reasonable a pro-life position is that doesn't consider the health of the mother and rape.

By 100% you mean no exceptions at all? There are plenty of people that have had pregnancy scares that are pro-life. I'm not sure how mainstream/reasonable a pro-life position is that doesn't consider the health of the mother and rape.

I was sort of joking. I just know that I have known a lot of people (myself included) that were super pro life younger, and then that first time they heard, "I'm late" quickly reconsidered and changed that position.

I was sort of joking. I just know that I have known a lot of people (myself included) that were super pro life younger, and then that first time they heard, "I'm late" quickly reconsidered and changed that position.

Yes, life has a way of altering one's views on some topics.

Yes you can, but you can't be pro-life only before birth.

Their argument is that the baby is innocent and has done no wrong, whereas the convicted murderer has done something wrong so isn't innocent.

I don't buy it, but that is their argument.

Their argument is that the baby is innocent and has done no wrong, whereas the convicted murderer has done something wrong so isn't innocent.

I don't buy it, but that is their argument.

hey if the fetus can just get its head out of the canal and become a person before its mom makes her choice then the half fetus half baby is home free? amirite?

hey if the fetus can just get its head out of the canal and become a person before its mom makes her choice then the half fetus half baby is home free? amirite?

I'm for a restriction on abortions at the time where science says the fetus could survive on its own. That's about about 24 weeks right now.

I'm for a restriction on abortions at the time where science says the fetus could survive on its own. That's about about 24 weeks right now.

I think the age of viability is about 22 weeks, which is when the lungs can process air.

I am in total agreement with this. 100 %

Most people are. I wish we could just lock it in and move on from the abortion issue.

Most people are. I wish we could just lock it in and move on from the abortion issue.

My concern is presumably that week will probably keep getting pushed back. Will we continually update the guideline as science advances?

Back