• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

What if they actually already have the planes and this is just a bunch of we have no idea what happened disinformation

i mean, this seems like "why don't we invade on the normandy beaches?" "Pentagon states normandy beach invasion site unworkable"

"Old Man". Ha.....that make you feel better? Real intelligent.
And I'm not sure why you assholes have to make everything about Dems and Pubs. When Putin moves further west next year I'll look forward hearing from you all saying why we didn't stand up to his ass before.

I, for one, think we should absolutely do whatever is necessary to get fighter jets in the hands of Ukraine. Puck Futin.

Such a typical bull shit comment. My feelings toward Dump is well documented.

It’s not really a bullshit comment. It’s something people always made fun of him for. Your doing it shows it’s more a boomer thing than just a Trump thing.

Russian President Vladimir Putin unleashed fresh hell on Ukrainian civilians Wednesday — this time targeting helpless mothers and babies by bombing a maternity hospital, prompting Ukraine’s leader to again demand the world help.

“People, children are under the wreckage. Atrocity!” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky tweeted of the carnage in the already-besieged coastal city of Mariupol — where bodies are piling up so fast that locals have begun burying them in mass graves.

DeacsPop is just desperate for the Jets to win anything.

Or maybe he wants to send the whole franchise to Ukraine.

I will filibuster to keep my Jets in "New York", don't let it get to that.

Oh my gawd; you're a Jet Fan.
And here I've been wondering what the curse was for all these years.

Oh my gawd; you're a Jet Fan.
And here I've been wondering what the curse was for all these years.

Yes, it could be me...I have also been a Wake fan since the mid 80s.

so there is that also...:couch:

Well all is forgiven then. Been a Jet season ticket holder since '83 though I grew up a Giant fan. Go figure.
And for the record I am a "old man". Just don't like being called it....lol.
Oh, F Putin.

Let me explain to you how the crisis ends.

Let me explain to you how the crisis ends.

christ, he is such a joke. how can anyone think this guy is anything but a clown. man he is lucky he inherited so much money...

GOP Rep. Cawthorn calls Zelensky ‘a thug,’
says Ukraine is pushing ‘woke ideologies’

Rep. Madison Cawthorn, R-N.C., called Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky a "thug" at a campaign event over the weekend.

"Remember that Zelensky is a thug," Cawthorn said in a video obtained by WRAL. "Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies."

The 26-year-old Cawthorn’s statement is a deviation from mainstream Republican support of Zelensky and the Ukrainian people as they defend themselves against the Russian invasion, but it echoes other comments made at the impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump.
“We’re talking Ukraine … one of the three most corrupt countries on the planet,” Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said at the first hearing. “Corruption is not just prevalent in Ukraine — it’s the system!”

Trump was impeached for attempting to blackmail Zelensky shortly after the Ukrainian president took office, in a call to him in 2019. Democrats argued that Trump had threatened to condition U.S. military aid to Ukraine on a commitment from Zelensky to launch an investigation into Joe Biden, then a top candidate in the Democratic primary race.

An hour after WRAL published the video, Cawthorn tweeted that Putin’s actions were “disgusting” and that he was praying for Ukrainians but that “leaders, including Zelensky, should NOT push misinformation on America.”

A spokesperson for Cawthorn did not immediately reply to Yahoo News’ request for comment.

The comments from the freshman were first noted by the Republican strategist Karl Rove in a Wall Street Journal op-ed on Wednesday. In a piece describing Republican support for Ukraine, despite Trump’s praise for Russian President Vladimir Putin, Rove cited Cawthorn's comments, as well as those made by Ohio Senate candidate J.D. Vance, as exceptions.
Cawthorn has raised controversy on many occasions since taking office last year, after comments he made about Adolf Hitler and the Black Lives Matter movement. He has also compared the issue of COVID-19 vaccine passports to Nazi policies, misleadingly implied that he was accepted to the U.S. Naval Academy, and launched a website accusing a journalist of leaving a job at Boston College “to work for non-white males, like [the Democratic senator from New Jersey,] Cory Booker, who aims to ruin white males running for office.”

Additionally, a number of women who attended college with Cawthorn have accused him of sexual misconduct, charges he denies.

He also spoke at the Jan. 6, 2021, rally that preceded the violence at the U.S. Capitol and subsequently voted to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Cawthorn recently made headlines for driving with a revoked license, his third reported traffic violation in the last six months.

Cawthorn won the 11th District in the western portion of North Carolina with 55 percent of the vote in 2020. After initially saying he would run for reelection in a newly drawn 13th District, Cawthorn reversed course and said he would remain in the 11th.
Some North Carolinians sued to keep Cawthorn off the ballot due to his role on Jan. 6, citing a Reconstruction Era law that bans those who have engaged in insurrection, but a judge blocked the effort last week.

A number of North Carolina Republicans, including several of Cawthorn’s GOP primary opponents, quickly condemned the remarks. And on Wednesday, GOP House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California appeared to distance himself from Trump, who praised Putin as “savvy” in the lead-up to the invasion.

"I do not think anything savvy or genius about Putin. I think Putin is evil. I think he’s a dictator. I think he’s murdering people right now,” McCarthy said.

When asked if he agreed that there was no room in the Republican Party for Putin apologists, a statement made by former Vice President Mike Pence, McCarthy answered in the affirmative.

“Yeah,” McCarthy told reporters.

Lavrov continues to deny that Russia has invaded Ukraine.

And that they have any intention of invading any other places…:rolleyes:

Just a reminder -- all Republicans suck. Even the "good ones". Look at Pops go from zero to Biden is picking his ass and fathers and grandfathers rolling over in their graves over something he just heard about. He has no clue regarding whether it's tenable, or whether it could potentially start World War 3.

The problem is nobody has a fucking clue what's going to happen. If Putin takes over Ukraine and then marches on to the Baltics, Biden didn't do enough he's a pussy. If he were to negotiate a deal to send Polish Mig-29 fighters to Ukraine and the conflict escalates, he's a warmonger. I don't agree with Biden's politics but so far, I'm not sure what else can be done other than what we're doing now without starting WW3.

Not going to get into a Pub/Dem fight because both sides for sure have their faults regardless of what people here or myself want to believe about their own political beliefs and party. I personally don't like Joe Biden and his bumbling statements and lies but if he can somehow get this conflict resolved without getting us into WW3 or a ground war in Eastern Europe, then I will be happy and tip my hat to him.

Back