• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

Ukraine is unleashing on Russia this week. Sounds like they've overrun Russian defenses in the east and have them nearly trapped against the river. Same in the south around Kherson. Could end up with thousands needing to surrender or try to ditch equipment and swim.

Russia has had no losses since 24 February – Putin

Quote from Putin: "I am sure that the Russian Federation has lost nothing since 24 February, but the main achievement is the strengthening of our sovereignty.

Russia is a sovereign state, and we will always protect our national interests by pursuing an independent policy."

Russia is so desperate for arms that they are buying weapons from North Korea. Very concerned that if/when Russia's forces collapse that they will go nuclear and/or biological. What a disaster.

Still somewhat surprised that someone in Russia hasn't offed Putin's ass yet. All it takes is one or two opportunists looking to move up. Not like it hasn't happened in the past, no matter how "inaccessible" he may be. We can only hope.

Still somewhat surprised that someone in Russia hasn't offed Putin's ass yet. All it takes is one or two opportunists looking to move up. Not like it hasn't happened in the past, no matter how "inaccessible" he may be. We can only hope.

Be careful what you wish for. Next one could be worse.

Yeah. Pop, Putin has broad support from the Russian people. They want this war.

So Russia will put up a brave face and continue this war until their economy suddenly pops and that will be the end of them again?

By the end of today Ukraine will likely control everything west of the Iskil River, including Izyum and Lyman, maybe Kupiansk. Russia has completely collapsed - there were 20,000 troops or so in that area that are now dead, captured or on the run. And Kherson looks to be not far behind, with Ukraine now within 9 miles. Pretty amazing surge by Ukraine's army. Some of the videos coming out are insane.

Man, war is hell. I don’t really like the Benny Hill themed video. Especially followed by the second video. Most of these soldiers will suffer much more than the assholes that sent them into battle.

It's incredible how quickly things happened. Ukraine has Russia's entire eastern front on the run and while news hasn't come from Kherson the initial rumors have them progressing steadily in the south as well. Ukraine is advancing so quickly Russia doesn't have a chance to set up a new defensive line. They'll be at Donetsk and Luhansk this week and I wouldn't be surprised if they walk into Mariupol at this rate.

It's incredible how quickly things happened. Ukraine has Russia's entire eastern front on the run and while news hasn't come from Kherson the initial rumors have them progressing steadily in the south as well. Ukraine is advancing so quickly Russia doesn't have a chance to set up a new defensive line. They'll be at Donetsk and Luhansk this week and I wouldn't be surprised if they walk into Mariupol at this rate.
How easy would it be to quickly move to Donestk and Luhansk, which presumably have higher local russian support?

How easy would it be to quickly move to Donestk and Luhansk, which presumably have higher local russian support?
There are reports they've entered Severodonetsk already. After that its open roads to Luhansk. There are also rumors they've taken the airport in Donetsk. Seems Russia continues to retreat haphazardly, so until some sort of communications happens to regroup I think Ukraine chases and pushes the advantage. My guess is Ukraine will then shift the focus south to Mariupol as soon as they can to try and cut off the Kherson front from behind. Russia still has a numbers advantage but they've failed over and over tactically and logistically.

A friend of a friend is married to a Russian gal who speaks to her family/friends in Russia often. They absolutely believe the BS that Putin is feeding them.

I'm sure we'll all agree there is a difference between what the "people" say when they are being watched versus what they believe in their hearts. No measurement for that.
In its history, Russia has never hesitated purging Leaders when deemed necessary. No one of any influence can be happy at the path Putin has taken.

Link? Evidence?? Hard for me to believe that Putin still has “broad support”.

Here’s a interesting study I found from some Russian sociologists who have conducted focus groups with Russians about the war.

They contend that support for the war is broad but not as deep as polls suggest. But their evidence doesn’t really make that point as strong as they think.

Have no idea how to link tweets under this new software, but have been digging for info the last day or so, and can't vouch for the accuracy but seems like some of the more detailed info I've been able to find about the current status

Back