• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

China, India, and UAE abstain in UN vote (pussies)

Russia vote No by themselves.

red-dawn.jpg

Dalton, my man.

Kazakhstan, glorious Kazakhstan, indeed.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen of the press. I am delighted to join you after meeting my Russian counterpart, Sergey Lavrov. This time, we have not bothered to discuss treaties he won’t respect and promises he won’t keep. We have told him, instead, that an invasion of Ukraine will carry very, very high costs—higher than he has ever imagined. We are now planning to cut off Russian gas exports completely—Europe will find its energy supplies somewhere else. We are now preparing to assist the Ukrainian resistance, for a decade if need be. We are quadrupling our support for the Russian opposition, and for Russian media too. We want to make sure that Russians will start hearing the truth about this invasion, and as loudly as possible. And if you want to do regime change in Ukraine, we’ll get to work on regime change in Russia."

Here's a start: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/02/lavrov-russia-diplomacy-ukraine/622075/

I don’t see the problem calling things out especially since American boots on the ground aren’t happening. Like even if the US was lying, which it seems like you are implying, what does that accomplish, Ukraine aren’t the aggressors they aren’t invading Russia.

Except in the case where one country is attempting to invade and annex another country, there is a good/bad dichotomy and the invader is clearly the bad guy.

…Is it possible for the US to be a positive force toward de-escalating this conflict? I don't think anybody is portraying this as random. Instead I think it's portrayed as Putin being Putin as part of an ongoing effort to expand Russian territory and influence. There needs to be a reachable goal for any diplomatic or military response.

I’ll take my lumps and admit that these were all good posts that I was very wrong about.
This all fucking sucks. Being wrong, I mean. The war is also terrible. Putin is most definitely a “bad guy” in every sense, and quibbling about that was fucking dumb and contrarian on my part

Last edited:
Props for admitting you missed it. Still mad that I listened to that podcast you recommended, posted my thoughts, and you didn’t respond. You got me there. I won’t fall for that again.

Props for admitting you missed it. Still mad that I listened to that podcast you recommended, posted my thoughts, and you didn’t respond. You got me there. I won’t fall for that again.

Been a very busy few days and also they released 2 more podcast updates over the next 4 days, so by the time I would have responded to you everything we listened to was out of date. Hell, your main takeaway was regarding Derek focusing too much on Maximalist invasion scenarios which was the least logical scenario but still is what happened.

Today's Russian attacks on kindergartens and orphanages are war crimes and violations of the Rome Statute. Together with the Office of the Attorney General, we are collecting these and other materials, which we will immediately transfer to The Hague. Responsibility is inevitable.

Back