• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine Protests

Russia vetoes a UN resolution which would have blocked recognition of tomorrow's referendum in Crimea. China abstained from voting.

Russian paratroopers reportedly tried to take over a pumping station on mainland Ukraine. Ukraine forces repelled the attack without firing. Russia claims the land is owned by a Crimean company, which gives them the right to protect them.

I think things are about to get ugly. Russia seems to be doing anything they can to spark an escalation.

Meanwhile there are huge anti war protests taking place in Moscow. What started as 5,000 people has reportedly grown to 40,000-50,000 people.

BixOMFjCIAA6cBI.png

Russia vetoes a UN resolution which would have blocked recognition of tomorrow's referendum in Crimea. China abstained from voting.

Russian paratroopers reportedly tried to take over a pumping station on mainland Ukraine. Ukraine forces repelled the attack without firing. Russia claims the land is owned by a Crimean company, which gives them the right to protect them.
I think things are about to get ugly. Russia seems to be doing anything they can to spark an escalation.

I guess Obama should start dropping paratroopers into every Mickey D's in Russia then.

Sweet reasoning Putin.

Crimea's "referendum" vote is today. They can either vote to join Russia or vote to become independent. Want to stay part of Ukraine? Too bad, not an option.

The Russians have blinked. CBS is reporting that Russia is about back down if the Ukrainian government changes its constitution to give more autonomy to Crimea and possibly allowing Russian to be a second national language in certain regions.

Not surprisingly, the results of the Referendum show an overwhelming desire to secede and join Russia.

Lots of rumors flying around that Russia is attacking the Ukraine controlled military bases in Crimea. There was supposedly a cease fire in place until the 21st.

A Ukrainian soldier was shot and killed on his base in Simferopol when pro-Russian troops stormed the base. There are reports that he was shot by a sniper.

Back