• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unbelievable stat

I can think of 10 points we gave up at the end of the 1st half due to overly aggressive playcalling. 7 against VT and 3 against Duke.

What's funny is in all of our wins we were outscored in the 4th except Gardner-Webb. If we have a solid lead we play safe, for better or worse.

The most worrisome part of that stat is that the defense gets worse every quarter. Pretty clearly a depth/energy issue. Hopefully will get shored up next year...

I'd love to see what the points breakdown is for the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter. I'd bet it's about like the 4th.

This is a post I made on 10/31 in this thread:

http://ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6340&highlight=quarter

True.

In the last minute of the 1st half in our last 5 games:

BC - field goal with 8 seconds to go
FSU - touchdown with 54 seconds to go
VT - touchdown with 4 seconds to go
Duke - field goal with 3 seconds to go
unc-ch - touchdown with 13 seconds to go

Not surprisingly in all 5 cases, that was the last score of the half.

Last edited:
In the last five minutes of second quarter, WF-45 and Opp-27. If you count the TD Clem got at 5:46 left before the half 34.

Never would've guessed. Good point, QC. I should've said "last minute."

I question Bill George's numbers unless all points that we gave up in the last 5 minutes of the 1st half were actually in the last minute.

Edit: looks like Bill missed a VT TD with 4:45 to go. Didn't verify our points.

Last edited:
That stat almost perfectly represents everything that is Wake Forest athletics.

I question Bill George's numbers unless all points that we gave up in the last 5 minutes of the 1st half were actually in the last minute.

Edit: looks like Bill missed a VT TD with 4:45 to go. Didn't verify our points.

Syracuse 2:18 Camp TD
NCSU :01 Newman FG
GW :22 Davis TD
BC 1:04 BP TD
FSU 1:57 Givens TD
Dook 4:01 BP TD
ND :28 Harris TD

=45

Again, hasn't this been our pattern for years? We've always had depth issues. 2006 was the only season where we didn't blow games we lead in, and look where that got us!

Of all the painful moments in Wake football the Belton fumble against Louisville is the worst.

Surprised we are winning the 3rd quarter since we always kickoff to start the second half.

Depth is the issue. We rotate very few guys on both lines.

Back