• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

The kids on our team haven't been a part of this rivalry so the luster is off a little bit. Do they know how much we hate UNC and how big this game is to the fans and program?

Listened to Dave interview Strnad after the game last night, definitely got the impression that the players are not treating the UNC game as just another game.

This may very well turn out to be the biggest game of the season even in hindsight. Barring a total collapse down the stretch a win will get us halfway to bowl eligibility with our FCS team left and it's probably the closest game to a toss up that we're going to have.

Agree except ncsu is literally a toss up game every year no matter what.

I want to win this game more than I have any game in a while.

Agree except ncsu is literally a toss up game every year no matter what.

I want to win this game more than I have any game in a while.

Yeah may be the game I want the most besides last year's Duke game (for bowl eligibility) dating back to the win at App.

May be due to Miami’s LOL like that gave up a million sacks to UF but UNCs DL looks surprisingly good.

Appears the scouting report on us is to stack the box. Think we can pick on UNCs secondary Friday.

Can't really believe we are wondering if our guys know how big this game/rivalry is. That would just never occur to me.

If nothing else, they know we scheduled UNC out of conference just to play them sooner.

Can't really believe we are wondering if our guys know how big this game/rivalry is. That would just never occur to me.

If nothing else, they know we scheduled UNC out of conference just to play them sooner.

and to sell more tickets.

I want to win this game more than any other wake game in the last 5 years. Let's hope this Miami pillow fight goes into quadruple overtime and ends with some sort of controversial call that they can't get over for days. Fuck Carolina.

I wouldn't mind if the Blue-hards pulled it out and came to town next week expecting a parade.

I wouldn't mind if the Blue-hards pulled it out and came to town next week expecting a parade.

That's what I've been debating... And I think you are correct. Looks like they win now, and that is probably best. It's also nice that the team is probably watching this game and preparing... We will have two days ahead of them in prep and hopefully these chapel hill morons get so fucked up tonight they can't even practice Monday.

The problem is they have a real offense. Howell is impressive and so are their RBs. It is going to be a tough game.

The problem is they have a real offense. Howell is impressive and so are their RBs. It is going to be a tough game.

Agree it will be a tough game. Our defense will be challenged, but I’m wondering if our offense has been somewhat ‘vanilla’ so far as we didn’t really need to show everything. I know we’ve averaged about 500 yds per game, but I can’t help thinking that we’ve got more up our sleeve that we’re saving for the holes.

Wake only plays tough games. Our linemen on both sides of the ball will decide this game. I’ll take our QB over there’s every day. I’ll take our RBs. I’ll take our receivers. Game will be decided in the trenches in short yardage situations.
Their fans will likely equal or exceed ours so our fans better bring a stiff upper lip to make noise not nice.

UNC's offense isn't any better than Utah State's, just comes down to continuing to score ourselves and getting timely stops. It's a toss up game.

Sam Howell is gonna be a problem. Next Friday is gonna be glorious once we get that dub.

I think Sam Howell is going to pick us apart. That guy's cool as a cucumber. So is Newman. This game could set a record for total combined passing yards. Toss up. Amazing how different this game looks compared to three weeks ago.

Utah State put up 62 and 717 yards on Stony Brook.

I think Sam Howell is going to pick us apart. That guy's cool as a cucumber. So is Newman. This game could set a record for total combined passing yards. Toss up. Amazing how different this game looks compared to three weeks ago.

i think Javonte Williams will give us the most trouble...that dude can run the ball.

newman needs to be throwing over 50 balls in the game next week

Back