• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

If any UNC folks are still going on about how good they are you could always say ‘Well, you lost to Wake Forest and we didn’t”

It’s pretty easy to transfer to UNC. Some real dumbasses from my high school transferred to UNC from a community college. There must be a lot of kids flunking out in Chapel Hill due to all of the distractions on Franklin St.

I’d be willing to bet you guys a pretty penny that not one single basketball thread hits 70+ pages this season.

I’d be willing to bet you guys a pretty penny that not one single basketball thread hits 70+ pages this season.
The only way you don't win that bet is if Mannikin gets the mid-season boot.

In other words, you win before you even post the wager.

My sister went to Da U and sent me some Wall Street Journal ranking that now has Miami way above Wake (she didn't get into Wake, which I was actually surprised at). So this shit's a total crapshoot.
Not a crapshoot, just use different criteria for ranking.

So lame when anyone (including us) tries to rely on school ranking to claim some sort of individual superiority.

Have met plenty of worthless dopes from top schools (including/especially Duke) and smart capable people from schools with essentially a 100% acceptance rate. Evaluating someone based on where they spent 4 years (or more or less) after HS verges on the same level of stupidity and cowardice as evaluating someone because of their race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.

this is true

Not a crapshoot, just use different criteria for ranking.

The WSJ rankings are heavily weighted toward a "value" ranking that uses some ratio of post-grad salary to tuition. On the other hand, you can adjust their rankings and criteria using sliders and come up with any ranking you want, the theory being that different things are important to different people. https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-top-ranked-college-is-11567639507?mod=ig_collegerankings2020
Wake comes in at number 68 using their default weighting. Wake is pulled down by very low "environment" scores - mostly a diversity score - and a surprisingly low student engagement score.

Back