• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC @ Wake (+16) o/u 152.5

I think it will be the opposite. I think Wake’s first seven can keep the game close (single digits), and then the lack of depth takes it toll in the second half.
I also like the under.

Exactly. I like the UNC -9.5 (1st half) much, much better than the -16 for the game. This has back door cover written all over it.

Whether or not Nikita deserves a start is irrelevant to the fact that Carson has far from earned one.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.

I don't think my mind can ever truly separate what I wish Carson was as a 7 footer with great hands and what he really is - an obvious backup for Nikita.

Sad stuff. Here's to Carson having a breakout off season...

We're not gonna win 'cause we just aren't good enough in any respect, so let's get over that right now. There are more important questions to be answered.

1) Will players other than Travis McKie, CJ Harris, and Ty Walker show-up to play with some effectiveness for the rest of the season?

2) Will the coaches give the frosh more playing time and experience?

3) What will the real truth be if we don't get blown out( we're ok, or UNC and the league as a whole this season are pretty weak ) ?

4) Will the home court support be there tonight?

5) WTF is Wellman thinking?

6) What must recruits be thinking?

We're not gonna win 'cause we just aren't good enough in any respect, so let's get over that right now. There are more important questions to be answered.

1) Will players other than Travis McKie, CJ Harris, and Ty Walker show-up to play with some effectiveness for the rest of the season?
No.

2) Will the coaches give the frosh more playing time and experience?
Prolly doesn't really matter one way or other.

3) What will the real truth be if we don't get blown out( we're ok, or UNC and the league as a whole this season are pretty weak ) ?
ACC sucks ass regardless or what we do or don't do rest of season.

4) Will the home court support be there tonight?
If by home court you are referring to UNC.

5) WTF is Wellman thinking?
Probably about dinner plans with his wife and where he will vacation this summer.

6) What must recruits be thinking?
Hopefully about something other than WF basketball.

*trollface*

I can see Roy using this game as practice for Stillman once we blow it open enough. So i can see the end score not being so bad.

Put Ty on Zeller so he can swat away all of his baby hooks, let Carson handle Henson because Henson's brick city when he tries to shoot, and close out on Bullock and Barnes from 3.

Come close to breaking even on the boards and control the Carolina breaks. Make a few more of the open looks we have been getting and not knocking down. As ambitious as that sounds, it probably would not be enough.

Shock the world, Deacs!

Put Ty on Zeller so he can swat away all of his baby hooks, let Carson handle Henson because Henson's brick city when he tries to shoot, and close out on Bullock and Barnes from 3.

The first two are at least plausible. I wouldn't say probable...

Third is impossible. I haven't seen our team close out well at all this season. Dawkins is 6'3 and isn't even that good and he slayed us. UNC has three marksmen over 6'6. This will either be extremely bad or UNC will miss a lot.

As for the line: CJ should thrive without Dex. Assuming one of our four bigs plays with a pulse, then that should be enough to beat the spread.

Bad guys, 80-66.

Carson handle Henson? Seriously? I pray I don't see that matchup tonight.

Henson makes a higher percentage of his shots than any player on the Wake roster.

This is going to be historically ugly and painful I fear.

Not sure that I can watch more than a half.

Heh, don't know where to post this, but Dino is currently on ESPNU breaking down what Wake must do to beat UNC tonight.

Should I watch the game or play skyrim? I honestly think skyrim is a better use of my time.

Should I watch the game or play skyrim? I honestly think skyrim is a better use of my time.

I've never been this unenthusiastic about watching a Wake/UNC game bball game before. I'm gonna do it, but it's more out of habit than anything.

Hey guys I'm a new poster by the way, glad to be a part of the board! And from what I have seen from Henson is that if you force him to spot up away from the basket, he's not a very good shooter. Its just my opinion but whenever I see the Heels play he doesn't knock down those shots consistently at all.

I've never been this unenthusiastic about watching a Wake/UNC game bball game before. I'm gonna do it, but it's more out of habit than anything.

Feel the same. Honestly I feel for the players. Opposition fans dominate the crowd on their home court. Arena rocking for the opponent and mocking the home team. That is a sorry state of affairs.

Back