• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCC Scrimmage?

Interesting AP article on the importance of Asst Coaches and recruiting. Most recruiters consider the Head Coach to be nothing more than a 'closer'.

The assistants are making the first handshake, spending months selling recruits on a school and its head coach, and befriending any and every one — from coaches to family members to principals and even guidance counselors — to help get ahead of the competition.

"A head coach, like everyone else, only has X amount of hours in the day," said Barry Rohrssen, a well-regarded recruiter in seven years as an assistant under Ben Howland and Jamie Dixon at Pittsburgh. "It's the role and responsibility of a good assistant coach to always be a step ahead and leading their head coach to the next great and best available player."

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college_basketball/story/10328742/

So basically, how much money can we give Battle to keep doing what he's doing?

So Jim Grobe should not recruit a quarterback this season because the job belongs to Price ?

Price will be a junior next season, so a replacement should start being groomed now.

However, you already knew that and were just being a douche for the sake of being a douche. Kudos to you, KeEpEr.

Price will be a junior next season, so a replacement should start being groomed now.

However, you already knew that and were just being a douche for the sake of being a douche. Kudos to you, KeEpEr.

What if the new guy is better than Price?

I doubt you're capable of intelligent repartee, keeper, but I'll take your troll bait.

1. Coach Grobe obviously doesn't guarantee playing time, or a starting spot to Freshman.

2. When Tanner Price committed here, there were multiple upperclassmen projected to start in front of him.

3. You can't recruit over someone who has already played and shown their ability. Especially not with recruits who are rated similarly to the first recruit, and especially not two classes later. :rulz:

I doubt you're capable of intelligent repartee, keeper, but I'll take your troll bait.

1. Coach Grobe obviously doesn't guarantee playing time, or a starting spot to Freshman.

2. When Tanner Price committed here, there were multiple upperclassmen projected to start in front of him.

3. You can't recruit over someone who has already played and shown their ability. Especially not with recruits who are rated similarly to the first recruit, and especially not two classes later. :rulz:

So athletes should be awarded tenure? Ben Mauk should have been given his job back? I'm glad Grobe recruited over him in case there was an injury which there was.

You live a miserable life, don't you KEEPer?

My back hurts today and I have occasional gas issues but really I'm pretty happy. Not recruiting and playing the best players is labor union mentality.

My back hurts today and I have occasional gas issues

Keeper made me laugh for the first time ever with this one but I think most of us would guess that he has more than just occasional gas issues.

Keeper made me laugh for the first time ever with this one but I think most of us would guess that he has more than just occasional gas issues.

Hot air is a gas.

Back