• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCC Scrimmage?

deacz

Reaction score
Any reports? I saw a brief reference to it in the recruiting thread.

This was in a short interaction with somebody "in the know" so take it for what it's worth, but we likely would not have won the game had they been keeping score. Not sure exactly what the format was, but the person guessed we would have lost by double digits.

Rebounding appeared to be a problem (obviously), but the defense looked a good bit improved. Offensive flow was a bit of a problem, which makes sense given that there are no "go-to" guys yet. There was a lot of effort shown by everybody and he said the staff was happy with that, but execution was pretty poor all around.

Once again, this was a short convo so I don't have a ton of details, but those were initial impressions.

I heard a report very similar to yours.

Defense will be our calling card this season by default.

We have nothing inside. Gonna be a long year but the guys will fight hard.

Last season CofC beat us soundly but everyone knew they had a pretty good team, UNCC was 10-20 and 2-14 in the A-10 so you would think we could have held our own. My UNCC friend estimated Wake lost by 15 or 20. I hope we are not really that bad when it counts.

Last season CofC beat us soundly but everyone knew they had a pretty good team, UNCC was 10-20 and 2-14 in the A-10 so you would think we could have held our own. My UNCC friend estimated Wake lost by 15 or 20. I hope we are not really that bad when it counts.

That sounds encouraging. :sick:

It was more like 20-30.

We didn't schedule you for the regular season because we didn't want you to destroy our RPI.

There was a lot of effort shown by everybody and he said the staff was happy with that, but execution was pretty poor all around.

So, it was like an average pick-up game on the Collins courts? :noidea:

Is the exhibition on Friday free? (it better be). I'd like to be there in person for a game that we have a solid chance of winning.

Is the exhibition on Friday free? (it better be). I'd like to be there in person for a game that we have a solid chance of winning.

Ferrum doesn't have anybody listed taller than 6'5", so if we don't rebound well against them, it's an effort thing and not a size thing.

There are some people who think we are going to be better this year, but I don't believe it. Anyone want to defend that position?

Ferrum doesn't have anybody listed taller than 6'5", so if we don't rebound well against them, it's an effort thing and not a size thing.

I'd hate to see the headlines if we lose to Ferrum. "The Iron Unkind to Deacs in Exhibition Loss".

I'd hate to see the headlines if we lose to Ferrum. "The Iron Unkind to Deacs in Exhibition Loss".

If we lose to Ferrum, can we forfeit the season??? Give ourselves the "death penalty" for a season maybe?

If we couldn't after Stetson, I don't think we can do it this season. Of course, that doesn't mean plenty of fans just won't show.

If we couldn't after Stetson, I don't think we can do it this season. Of course, that doesn't mean plenty of fans just won't show.

I think attendence will struggle. ACC games we'll do all right, thanks to locals who want to come out and see State, UNC, or Duke.

It's sad, normally when you look at basketball schedule, particuarly early in the year there are several "easy" wins to build confidence. I don't see hardly anyone that I am comfortable saying we'll beat.

Back