• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCC Scrimmage?

Yep. But before that we have to mark off time until the 2012 class gets to campus. Then we have to mark off time for the 2012 class to be sophomores and for McKie to be a senior. Then we have to mark off time for Bz to get over losing McKie....

It's going to be awhile.

I know. The bottom line is that once he is gone, we can start to hope again.

Let's get CMM, Thomas,Moto et al signed in a couple of weeks.

As I posted a few months ago, this year is the first in over four decades my family (my dad and myself) did not purchase season b'ball tickets.

Until Bz is gone, I have no intention of renewing them. I will gladly do so once he's done.

I ran across some info in a Baltimore paper a few weeks ago on the development of the Loyola program. They've caught some good breaks with recruits and a Xavier transfer. Bottom line, I don't see how we beat them.

After that, the meltdown will be epic. We can bounce back though and beat NC Central... I think.

As I posted a few months ago, this year is the first in over four decades my family (my dad and myself) did not purchase season b'ball tickets.

Until Bz is gone, I have no intention of renewing them. I will gladly do so once he's done.

Has there ever been a coach that has done less to endear himself to the fans? I mean normally I might feel sorry for a coach that has this much backlash in only his 2nd year, but I think he's brought so much of it on himself even beyond the win-loss record.

I ran across some info in a Baltimore paper a few weeks ago on the development of the Loyola program. They've caught some good breaks with recruits and a Xavier transfer. Bottom line, I don't see how we beat them.

After that, the meltdown will be epic. We can bounce back though and beat NC Central... I think.

Doubt there will be a meltdown, just another layer of apathy.

I sure wish there was some sarcasm in this post... :cliffs:

I don't think there's any doubt we could finish mid pack in the MEAC this season.:squint:

I don't want to get into a pissing match (I realize I'm walking into one), but what record do y'all think an average coach would have this year? What would he do differently than Coach [Redacted], and what would a reasonable turnaround period before we are good again be?

I'm stealing this post in it's entirety from Pilchard, which pretty much sums it up to me.

"In addition, to the ton of medoicre to poor "major college" teams on WF's schedule (Nebraska, DePaul, State, BC, MD, UVA, Seton Hall), WF will play the following craptastic mid-minor teams (all of whom WF will play at home except for High Point):

- Loyola(MD)
- GA Southern
- NC Central
- High Point
- Gardner-Webb
- Yale
- Wofford
- Fairfield
- UNC-W

So, for WF to win 5 or 6 games, WF would lose every ACC game, every game against the mediocre teams on their schedule, and then go 6-5 or 5-6 against the likes of NC Central and High Point. I get that WF lacks much talent this year, but WF's roster includes 9 scholarship players would scoff at an offer from any of those listed schools. In addition, WF's assistants make more than the head coaches at most of those schools, and WF has facilities that are massively superior to anything offered by any of those schools. Even with the recent issues and attrition, there is no excuse for WF to not win at least 10-11 games this year. None."

To me it's not even the record, it's just him. I don't get a positive vibe from [Redacted]. I don't see any real motivational skills with him, he seems too quick to blame players, he seems indifferent to the fans, I just don't see anything that makes think he's a guy to lead us to any real success. Add to that he has no real record of success and it paints a very bad picture for me. I hope I'm wrong, I've no reason to want him to fail, but I just never felt good about the hire.

I'm stealing this post in it's entirety from Pilchard, which pretty much sums it up to me.

"In addition, to the ton of medoicre to poor "major college" teams on WF's schedule (Nebraska, DePaul, State, BC, MD, UVA, Seton Hall), WF will play the following craptastic mid-minor teams (all of whom WF will play at home except for High Point):

- Loyola(MD)
- GA Southern
- NC Central
- High Point
- Gardner-Webb
- Yale
- Wofford
- Fairfield
- UNC-W

So, for WF to win 5 or 6 games, WF would lose every ACC game, every game against the mediocre teams on their schedule, and then go 6-5 or 5-6 against the likes of NC Central and High Point. I get that WF lacks much talent this year, but WF's roster includes 9 scholarship players would scoff at an offer from any of those listed schools. In addition, WF's assistants make more than the head coaches at most of those schools, and WF has facilities that are massively superior to anything offered by any of those schools. Even with the recent issues and attrition, there is no excuse for WF to not win at least 10-11 games this year. None."

WF was ranked lower (RPI) last year than more than half of the 'craptastic' teams you listed (in bold). Going .500 against those, given the roster losses, would be more of an accomplishment/improvement than you care to admit. Its really spectacular just how bad last year was (and how bad this year is looking).

- Loyola(MD)
- GA Southern
- NC Central
- High Point
- Gardner-Webb
- Yale
- Wofford
- Fairfield
- UNC-W

How many of those teams are worse than Presbyterian and Stetson from last year? I agree, there is no excuse to lose to those type teams, but we've already seen it happen.

I don't want to get into a pissing match (I realize I'm walking into one), but what record do y'all think an average coach would have this year? What would he do differently than Coach [Redacted], and what would a reasonable turnaround period before we are good again be?

This. Wake being terrible this year is not [Redacted]'s fault. The team currently has a combined two scholarship upperclassmen, that ain't right. If you think this is [Redacted]'s fault then you're an idiot.

and I'm not even a Bz fan. I think Bz is going to fail here, because the goal here should be to win the ACC and go to Final Fours and I can't see Bz accomplishing that.

Btw, if you're not willing to support this team just because you dislike the coach, then you may go fuck yourself.

- Loyola(MD)- 188
- GA Southern 325
- NC Central 311
- High Point 312
- Gardner-Webb 270
- Yale 194
- Wofford 82
- Fairfield 98
- UNC-W 205

Since Wake sits at 251, if the teams were played out from last year then we would go a predicted 4-5. Of course we should be a little better, and those teams will fluctuate. Not saying that 4-5 is an acceptable record by any means, but just what we can expect from this year. I think 6-3 is a likely record for those games.

This. Wake being terrible this year is not [Redacted]'s fault. The team currently has a combined two scholarship upperclassmen, that ain't right. If you think this is [Redacted]'s fault then you're an idiot.

and I'm not even a Bz fan. I think Bz is going to fail here, because the goal here should be to win the ACC and go to Final Fours and I can't see Bz accomplishing that.

Btw, if you're not willing to support this team just because you dislike the coach, then you may go fuck yourself.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel.

Of course our RPI was worse, we were historically bad. The part about our players, coaches and facilities just puts into words how unacceptable it would be to lose to several of these teams.

Of course our RPI was worse, we were historically bad. The part about our players, coaches and facilities just puts into words how unacceptable it would be to lose to several of these teams.

Well yeah it would be unacceptable, and it was unacceptable last year, but it's going to happen...names don't mean anything at this point.

Back