• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCC Scrimmage?

Let's not pretend that the team performed as well as it should have last year because it didn't. (Aka, our RPI should have been higher).

Frankly, I am really interested to see what Donahue does this year at BC.

If it was unacceptable last year and will be unacceptable this year, stop defending it.

I'm not defending it. I have said it's unacceptable, but it isn't going to change anything.

The only place that we differ in is that I don't think an "average" coach would do much better, and I am eager to see where y'all think an "average" coach would do with this team/would have done with the team last year.

I thought next year's class was supposed to be good. Why are people acting like there is no hope for the future?

I'm not defending it. I have said it's unacceptable, but it isn't going to change anything.

The only place that we differ in is that I don't think an "average" coach would do much better, and I am eager to see where y'all think an "average" coach would do with this team/would have done with the team last year.

I don't want an average coach. Sad when that's pretty much the best case scenario for Buzz.

I thought next year's class was supposed to be good. Why are people acting like there is no hope for the future?

It's similar to the 2010 class. A lot of very good players but no elite players.

I don't want an average coach. Sad when that's pretty much the best case scenario for Buzz.

Well I say "average" because most people on here believe that Coach [Redacted] is well below average. I want a great coach too, and I think that we are trying to build our program to the point where we can hire a great coach after Coach [Redacted] is gone.

I've made my feelings towards Bz abundantly clear; but the fact that he still has any apologists left just stuns me.

The recent quotes about the 90% of his time spent on 10% of the players are infuriating. Ty was clearly part of the '10%' (obviously... i'm questioning Bz's math, but you get the point). He's still on the team. JTT wasn't going anywhere before the DWI charge. Tabb wasn't going anywhere before the judicial problem. I sure don't remember Ari being the biggest distraction last season.

Bz is essentially going to every media outlet he can touting his commitment to a 'culture change' and blaming his/the 2010 teams spectacular and historic ineptitude on that same basis. Its moronic. The bottom line is; there's not much to defend an RPI of 256. There might be a good class lined up for 2012; but the recruiting job is going to become progressively more difficult with anymore embarrassing losses and historically bad seasons. Given that, the chances that Bz would be able to be selective in the remaining candidates (based on his 'culture' commitment) while trying to field a (more) competitive team are even slimmer. And I'm sorry, but I can't exactly be optimistic about his ability to 'coach a team up' at this point.

The guy is 11-53 (in conference) in his 4 seasons of coaching major college basketball with a point differential of -684; what more is there to say?

Last edited:
I think Codi Miller-McIntyre could be elite.

Same could have been said about McKie and JTT. Lots of players have the potential to be elite, only a few are elite. Players that are already elite at the high school level are more likely to be elite at the college level. Regardless, you know exactly what I am driving at.

Same could have been said about McKie and JTT. Lots of players have the potential to be elite, only a few are elite. Players that are already elite at the high school level are more likely to be elite at the college level. Regardless, you know exactly what I am driving at.

I would argue that McKie is heading towards elite...

I would argue that McKie is heading towards elite...

I would definitely agree with that.

For what it's worth, I don't think an average coach would have gotten much more than 10 wins out of last year's team, but I do think there would have been far fewer humiliating losses.

I would definitely agree with that.

For what it's worth, I don't think an average coach would have gotten much more than 10 wins out of last year's team, but I do think there would have been far fewer humiliating losses.

Yeah I definitely agree with that too. I think there is a question as to whether or not Coach [Redacted] can keep the morale of the team up. I also think that last year was the worst possible conditions that he could have been tested under. Hopefully this year will provide us and Ron Wellman with a better idea of that.

As long as grobe continues hogging all the coaching money an average coach is the best you can hope for.

Only luck would have allowed any coach to have won 10 games last season.

Only luck would have allowed any coach to have won 10 games last season.

Bullshit.

No coach could have gotten an extra 2 points out of that team against Miami and Presbyterian?

Back