• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCC Scrimmage?

If we couldn't after Stetson, I don't think we can do it this season. Of course, that doesn't mean plenty of fans just won't show.

When you really stop and think hard about it, does it break everybody else's heart like it does mine, about how bad the state of our basketball program is right now? Maybe it's because it was a long time ago now, but I don't remember feeling this bad during Boob Staak.

I think attendence will struggle. ACC games we'll do all right, thanks to locals who want to come out and see State, UNC, or Duke.

It's sad, normally when you look at basketball schedule, particuarly early in the year there are several "easy" wins to build confidence. I don't see hardly anyone that I am comfortable saying we'll beat.

That along with playing teams people don't really care about equals low attendance.

I think attendence will struggle. ACC games we'll do all right, thanks to locals who want to come out and see State, UNC, or Duke.

It's sad, normally when you look at basketball schedule, particuarly early in the year there are several "easy" wins to build confidence. I don't see hardly anyone that I am comfortable saying we'll beat.

With all due respect to Presbyterian, when you lose to those guys like we did last year, there can't be more than a few D1 teams we can feel sure we would beat.

That along with playing teams people don't really care about equals low attendance.

Yup.

Frankly if I am in charge of student activities at a school like Wofford, Gardner Webb, or NC Central I am trying to get as many tickets together as possible for my alumni and students since they'll have a real chance of beating an ACC opponent.

When you really stop and think hard about it, does it break everybody else's heart like it does mine, about how bad the state of our basketball program is right now? Maybe it's because it was a long time ago now, but I don't remember feeling this bad during Boob Staak.

It's not just how bad we are...it's how little hope I have that we're going to turn it around. Even after we eventually make the coaching change, whether it's after this season or 2 more down the road, we may have 2-3 seasons of rebuilding before we have a program to be excited about again.

Agreed, Probation.

By the way, UNCC was 213 in the KenPom last year. Wake was 251.

If I'm High Point University, I'm buying lottery tickets, because their luck is unbelievable in that they get us coming to their gym in a year they legitimately have a shot at beating us.

I'll be insanely excited about the basketball program once Buzz is fired.

It's not just how bad we are...it's how little hope I have that we're going to turn it around. Even after we eventually make the coaching change whether it's after this season or 2 more down the road, we may have 2-3 seasons of rebuilding before we have a program to be excited about again.

Yeah, I know, it's not like "well if we can just get through this year." It's the fact that it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I guess we can get excited about the recruiting class we've got coming next year, but after the AT&T being 2/3 complete disappointment, and 2 of last year's class already being gone, I have a hard time getting excited over recruits anymore.

It's not just how bad we are...it's how little hope I have that we're going to turn it around. Even after we eventually make the coaching change whether it's after this season or 2 more down the road, we may have 2-3 seasons of rebuilding before we have a program to be excited about again.

I feel just sort of humbled by the whole nightmare that our program is in. I am enjoying every second I can of football because I know after football season it's going to be another long year. There's not a game on our basketball schedule where I think "Can't wait for that game to get here." I ultimately fear how long it's going to take us to turn things around and with schools like Pitt and Syracuase coming I think it's going to hurt us even more.

If I'm High Point University, I'm buying lottery tickets, because their luck is unbelievable in that they get us coming to their gym in a year they legitimately have a shot at beating us.

As poorly as we play in general, but especially on the road, I would expect High Point to be favored when they face us.

To be ironic.

If we lose to Ferrum, can we forfeit the season??? Give ourselves the "death penalty" for a season maybe?

great idea. if we lose to Ferrum, the boards should take up a collection and send $10,000 to a recruit in a box labelled "I LOVE YOU - Bzzzzzz" wrapped in black and gold paper. I'll volunteer to "secretly" videotape the delivery and hand-deliver to NCAA headquarters, and we can all swear Bzzz put us up to it.

the only flaw in my plan is that by the time the NCAA gets around to starting the investigation, we'll already be 1-20 in the ACC. :tear:

I'm just going to pretend that we are an expansion team in it's second year of existence. We took lumps last year, and will certainly do it again this year. Hopefully the early draft picks start paying off after a couple of seasons, and we'll get to appreciate the eventual successes even more, given the early struggles. Or maybe we'll be like the Cleveland Browns part 2 and just suck forever.

Under Staak we had Boyd, Carlyle and Ivy, so I always felt like we had a shooters chance. I think we also had Muggsy at some point who is/was a lot better than anybody we have now. We'd lose, but not get completely destroyed iirc.

This year, our only chance (just throwing it out there) is to somehow get McKie to play the 3 and be a shooter on the wing - like 250 extra shots per day after practice shooter. Put Harris or the new kid at the 2 and run the offense through them. That way, we have our 2 best players (probably McKie/Harris) taking shots, like 15 each per game. That scenario, I see 10-11 wins.

I have no idea what that opens up in the paint, since Walker and Desrosiers are not very strong and Green sounds too Green, but I like it better than McKie trying to be superman and play the 4 all year. McKie at the 4, I see 7-9 wins.

The next level (if the next level exists) McKie will need to make shots, not play the 4.

We are basically marking time until Bzzz is gone.

Yep. But before that we have to mark off time until the 2012 class gets to campus. Then we have to mark off time for the 2012 class to be sophomores and for McKie to be a senior. Then we have to mark off time for Bz to get over losing McKie....

It's going to be awhile.

Back