• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCG beating Miami

MAYBE I'M [Redacted]?

edit: man, I can't even joke about that. I've just gone and made myself sad.

When are you coming back to the dash, anyway? You could have seen tonight's shit-show with me. I parked illegally across the street from the Joel and got a pair of freebies for row M. It was a pretty sweet night until the game started.

When are you coming back to the dash, anyway? You could have seen tonight's shit-show with me. I parked illegally across the street from the Joel and got a pair of freebies for row M. It was a pretty sweet night until the game started.
Driving home Friday night, I'll be in Saturday morning to see VPI with you guys. And Kath. And Patrick. And maybe Patrick's new lady friend. WHO KNOWS FOR SURE.

How we'll get all of us in with our like 4 combined student IDs, however, is another question.

edit: i contemplated PMing you that, but it's 3 AM and that's like 3 extra clicks

Driving home Friday night, I'll be in Saturday morning to see VPI with you guys. And Kath. And Patrick. And maybe Patrick's new lady friend. WHO KNOWS FOR SURE.

How we'll get all of us in with our like 4 combined student IDs, however, is another question.

edit: i contemplated PMing you that, but it's 3 AM and that's like 3 extra clicks

Word. I'm hitting the sack. Then I'm going to bed, good night Brosa Parks.

I think this sums it up pretty nicely actually:

"I refuse to look at "improvement" from last year to this year as progress. it is a defeatist attitude."

I'm sure many Indiana fans felt the same way.

In the real world when something is dismantled it has to be repaired. That's [Redacted]'s job, and he's supposed to do it a certain way per Wellman's leadership. I like the kids he's recruiting. I think his in-game coaching is very good. I'm extremely disappointed by our preparation and focus last year, and this year is better but still lacking. But it's virtually impossible to distinguish what percentage of that is coaching and what percentage is size, strength, and ability unless you're attending every practice. The idea that the guy can't "coach" rebounding is laughable.

Next year he gets talent that has his chosen mindset. If he can't prepare those guys, we'll feed him to the wolves, and rightfully so. If that happens, hopefully we'll look like a program on the rise and the timing will work out with a big time coach.

Until then, some people will look for reasonable improvement, and some will simply bash and ignore the program until we're top 25 again. I think that's probably normal, although I still don't understand the joy our own fans get by mocking and belittling our coach. I always thought our fanbase was better than that.

He clearly doesn't stress rebounding and he runs offensive sets that limit offensive rebounds.

When Devin Thomas comes next year and we are still a subpar rebounding team, maybe that will become clearer.

I find it hard to believe that 8 consecutive years of poor rebounding is just dumb luck.

He clearly doesn't stress rebounding and he runs offensive sets that limit offensive rebounds.

When Devin Thomas comes next year and we are still a subpar rebounding team, maybe that will become clearer.

I find it hard to believe that 8 consecutive years of poor rebounding is just dumb luck.

I've heard from multiple people who have attended practices that he stresses rebounding. I believe he was starting out every practice in the preseason with rebounding drills to hammer home its importance. He's referenced it repeatedly as a key to improving this year.

Maybe you have other information?

Devin Thomas will be a freshman big man next year. We'll likely be a subpar rebounding team until we have legitimate ACC quality big men on the floor. Not sure when Devin will turn into one of those.

Well, apparently the message has never gotten through at Air Force, Colorado or Wake Forest. And we have other people claiming that he devotes most of his practice time to offensive sets.

I don't know whether he stresses it or not, but stressing it doesn't equate to actually being able to teach it and motivate players to do it. His record seems to indicate he can stress it all he wants without much success.

I seriously do not get people that can argue that Mr. [Redacted] is just unlucky that his teams' rebounding numbers have been atrocious. He is the common denominator. This isn't that hard to put together, is it?

Back