• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC's Top Fundraiser Resigns

Latest update from the N&O on the sex prong at UNC: UNC's Kupec worked to establish job eventually given to Tami Hansbrough

A fundraising position at UNC-Chapel Hill filled by Tami Hansbrough was the result of direct efforts by Matt Kupec, the university’s chief fundraiser who was also in a relationship with her, a top university administrator acknowledged in an interview Tuesday.

The $95,000-a-year job for Hansbrough was also funded by Kupec’s office, said Winston Crisp, the university’s vice chancellor for student affairs.

And it looks like Tami has resigned too:

Joe Ovies ‏@joeovies
Got ND, job done. RT @ErinESummers: Tami Hansbrough just resigned, you can go ahead and start deducing what you want from that. #UNC

WRAL story: http://www.wral.com/news/education/story/11538431/

Tami Hansbrough "raised good money" both for the School of Dentistry and UNC, he said, but that doesn't change the fact that the university needs to tighten up its travel policies.

Holden Thorp still doesn't get it though. The travel policies don't need changing - providing benefits like jobs to player parents is what the problem is.

I love that the UNC fans aren't pissed at Thorp or Kupec, and that they aren't trying to deny anything, but they're pissed off about NCSU fans digging up truths.

"IF WE DON'T SHUT THEM UP, THEY'LL KEEP FINDING STUFF THAT WE DID WRONG"

...right. If Wake was this mind-numbingly corrupt, I'd sort of want that stuff to come out so we could move on and get things back on track. Things tend to get worse the longer they're buried. How do Carolina fans not realize that?

Kane was supposedly sitting on this for over a month. Has plenty of other stuff too i'd venture, otherwise he'd have put this out earlier. Should be a fun ride.

Just used "three pronged" in a ppt slide. Now I've got to find a fourth.

Pretty wild that a dude that high up making $350k/year was dumb enough to think he could pull off essentially hiring his girlfriend, then travel with her on UNC's dime to watch her son play basketball.

tumblr_lz67yzClux1r61qlc.gif

I love that the UNC fans aren't pissed at Thorp or Kupec, and that they aren't trying to deny anything, but they're pissed off about NCSU fans digging up truths.

...right. If Wake was this mind-numbingly corrupt, I'd sort of want that stuff to come out so we could move on and get things back on track. Things tend to get worse the longer they're buried. How do Carolina fans not realize that?

They're just dumb, or in a state of denial. Arrogance will do that to ya.

But it's OK by me. The longer they drag it out the longer Carolina stays a punch line. And that's fine with me.

Incorrect. They're very pissed at Thorp and have been for quite some time. They want him out.

Yeah, but they're pissed at Thorpe because they think that UNC was "too open and honest" with the NCAA, when the truth is the exact opposite.

Yeah, but they're pissed at Thorpe because they think that UNC was "too open and honest" with the NCAA, when the truth is the exact opposite.

Yeah. They are upset he fired Butch Davis, not that he let rampant cheating occur on campus.

Back