• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

University of Oklahoma SAE racist chant

Going with the fighting words, if OU is convinced that having these kids on campus will start a riot, are they justified in expulsion?

If a prominent donor says I won't donate to school until the kids are kicked out, can they be expelled for the benefit of the school?

If the athletes say they won't play for OU unless the students are expelled, can they be kicked out?

Is there no consequences for the kids, other than closing of the fraternity?

And are we really going to use a clearly semi-racist movie from the late 70s as any kind of evidence about equality today? I mean, that movie is a classic, but let's not put it up for scorn when it comes to race relations, right?

lol at "clearly semi-racist." I believe the term is oxymoron. dv7 has gotten taken to the woodshed in this thread.

Get that these guys would get paid via lawsuit, but don't they have to balance that against being publicly identified as racist assholes again? Their names are already out there and monetizing their bigotry isn't going to put them in a more favorable light.

That's certainly a concern, and maybe one that ultimately leads them not to file suit, although one of the kids publicly apologized yesterday and put his name out there. I hadn't seen their names published before that. I don't know that they would get a ton of cash, since their names were already shit via the video before the school kicked them out. A realistic settlement goal would be to get the expulsion off of their record. That way they could withdraw, take a year off and then go enroll at Oregon or Penn State or somewhere no one knows them, and continue on with their life.

Getting in to another decent school and finishing their education should be their biggest concern.

The school likely wants this to go away as much as the kids do, so keep in mind that they could threaten to file suit and settle, without putting in the public record (although their reinstatements could probably be discovered via public records request).

Last edited:
That's certainly a concern, and maybe one that ultimately leads them not to file suit, although one of the kids publicly apologized yesterday and put his name out there. I hadn't seen their names published before that. I don't know that they would get a ton of cash, since their names were already shit via the video before the school kicked them out. A realistic settlement goal would be to get the expulsion off of their record. That way they could withdraw, take a year off and then go enroll at Oregon or Penn State or somewhere no one knows them, and continue on with their life.

Getting in to another decent school and finishing their education should be their biggest concern.

The school likely wants this to go away as much as the kids do, so keep in mind that they could threaten to file suit and settle, without putting in the public record (although their reinstatements could probably be discovered via public records request).

could another Public school reject them because of the video?

ACLU would be all in on a suit, but would any Oklahoma law firms be reluctant to represent these guys against OU?

ACLU would be all in on a suit, but would any Oklahoma law firms be reluctant to represent these guys against OU?

40% of 10 mil. Yeah I think so.

Freedoms are paid for with blood.
Or $$ here.

he thought they were members of Alpha Pi Epsilon trying to crash, dude. Obvi.

Back