• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unofficial 2011 NCAA Tournament Thread

This is what makes college basketball great.

When they make TCU and Boise State play each other in BCS bowls, it's to marginalize teams outside of the BCS conferences.

Butler and VCU are playing for a shot at the national championship.

Nah I hate UNC but if they win today it won't ruin my day with VCU winning.

Yeah. I didn't get a chance to watch UConn win yesterday so my day was solely Butler winning. Tempting reason to just shut off the TV now.

I know Brad Stevens is nerdy and totally not hip (he probably doesn't even relate with his players!!!) but you gotta take him. Back to back final fours with Butler is nuts.

Butler and VCU are proof of what a good coach is capable of, regardless of how naturally talented their players are.

NCAAT is real exciting, but the BCS does a way better job of awarding the championship to the best team in the country.

No. It doesn't. 12 or 13 games against whoever over the course of Sept to Dec doesn't determine which two teams are the best compared to 5 (or 6) games against the top teams in the country over the last 3 weeks of the season.

Butler and VCU are proof of what a good coach is capable of, regardless of how naturally talented their players are.

No way in hell Stevens or Shaka go 8-24 with any group of players.

Chad Ford also saying Skeen is now on NBA scouts radar as a possible 2nd round pick. Wasn't before tourney.

No. It doesn't. 12 or 13 games against whoever over the course of Sept to Dec doesn't determine which two teams are the best compared to 5 (or 6) games against the top teams in the country over the last 3 weeks of the season.

Disagree, bro. Butler and VCU aren't two of the four best teams in the country. But to each their own; it's what makes sports fun.

Back