• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Unofficial] Tulane Prediction Thread

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
A road game against Tulane to start the season is a tall task for the Deacs. That said with our experienced and talented offensive line, healthy Colburn/Carney in the backfield, and all-world everything Dortch out there, Tulane is going to struggle against our offense. The key matchup will be when their offense is on the field running their variant of the triple option (or RPO or whatever it is Tulane wants to call what they run).

I think this is a close game throughout but Wake tacks on a late touchdown (Dortch punt return for a TD?) to win 38-21.

What's everyone think about tomorrow night?

I think Wake offense struggles a little more than that with Hartman. Wake D has early issues against Tulane offense. Wake squeezes out a 24-21 win.

I think the score will be lower. We run for 200 yards, and lead TOP by a healthy margin. 24-17 Deacs.

I can't believe so many predicting that Tulane wins.
Really? Really?

Deacs win by 13

Wake 28
Tulane 24

Tulane scores 21 of their 24 in the first half.

Tulanes defense won't be able to control the Deacon rushing attack. We play clock management. 24-14 deacs.

FWIW, the Tulane fans seem to be a whole lot more confident than we are.

28-10, Deacons. Safe travels for all Deacs heading down there.

Bleacher Report predicts 31 - 23 Deacs

Last edited:
Bleacher Report predicts 31-13 Deacs

Given the apparent lack of good kicking at Tulane, two FG seems a stretch. Unless they are expecting Tulane to miss an extra point.

Back