• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Unofficial] Tulane Prediction Thread

52-24 Wake

Offense doesn't miss a beat. Tulane scores in 1st and 4th with nothing in the middle.

Jerry Palm hands us his pick (an underdog of a touchdown-plus he picks to win outright):

Upset of the Week

Wake Forest at Tulane (+7): Tulane has nine starters back on an offense that averaged 27.5 points per game a year ago. That unit will have to carry the weight for the Green Wave until the defense gets its legs. Wake Forest also figures to be a strong offensive team, but has to go with a backup quarterback while expected starter Kendall Hinton serves a three-game suspension. Pick: Tulane (+7)

Offense is shaky and conservative. Thinking something like 20-12 WFU.

Here's another CBS guy with a pick:

Pick: I've raved about Fritz, so here's a nod to Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson. He's also a bonafide program builder. There's depth that Wake Forest has that it hasn't had in a long time. However, I feel strongly that Tulane's signature win is coming. This game pairs the Green Wave's strength vs. one of Wake Forest's bigger question marks entering the season. ATS: Tulane, SU: Tulane

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/week-1-college-football-picks-games-odds-florida-state-and-iowa-on-upset-alert/

Given the apparent lack of good kicking at Tulane, two FG seems a stretch. Unless they are expecting Tulane to miss an extra point.

My bad. Meant to say they predicted 31-23

Slow start. Deacs up 17-14 at the half, but we get it rolling in the 2nd half and win it 37-20. Colburn, Carney, Beal go for 300+ on the ground.

Back