• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Coffee sucks

THis is true. If coffee was so great then why does everybody try to change the fundamental taste of it by adding sugar, cream, vanilla, pumpkin spice, whatever. You don't see me adding that shit to my diet mt. dew every morning, thats for sure. :)

italy sucks at coffee

I'm guessing I understand what you mean

In France we craved regular drip coffee but it was all espresso drinks

Closest we had was an americano most places

Though I do like a good latte or cappuccino from time to time, it's not nearly as good as a big cup of black

THis is true. If coffee was so great then why does everybody try to change the fundamental taste of it by adding sugar, cream, vanilla, pumpkin spice, whatever. You don't see me adding that shit to my diet mt. dew every morning, thats for sure. :)

True. Like adding a lime or an orange to beer.

I wish the Townie-bkf bet wasn't happening, or the stipulations were changed. bkf is a damn fine entertainer, and all this place is is entertainment at the end of the day. Would suck to lose him.

I wish the Townie-bkf bet wasn't happening, or the stipulations were changed. bkf is a damn fine entertainer, and all this place is is entertainment at the end of the day. Would suck to lose him.

I agree completely. I liked it at first but after thinking about it the big loser is everyone else. We need punching bags like bkf.

Would be worse to lose Townie though. Music lists!

Now this is an appropriate spot for this post

Coffee is horrible and weird. I just don't get it.

I guess this coffee hate is not an unpopular opinion. Strong black coffee, made with freshly ground beans in an aeropress or good coffee maker, rules. I like my coffee like I like my ph, strong and black.

My hypothesis is if your parents were coffee drinkers and you were around it growing up that assisted with developing the taste for it so you're much more likely to be one yourself, and if you didn't grow up around it you don't get it. My parents didn't drink coffee so I never picked it up.

Now proceed to tell me how wrong I am.

My hypothesis is if your parents were coffee drinkers and you were around it growing up that assisted with developing the taste for it so you're much more likely to be one yourself, and if you didn't grow up around it you don't get it. My parents didn't drink coffee so I never picked it up.

parents drank shitty drip maker coffee and i never had it until college

coffee tastes a lot better than liquor and beer

I guess this coffee hate is not an unpopular opinion. Strong black coffee, made with freshly ground beans in an aeropress or good coffee maker, rules. I like my coffee like I like my ph, strong and black.

Coffee snobs are worse than beer snobs.

America is no Scandinavia, but we still consume massive amounts of coffee. Any anti-coffee takes have found the right thread.

I'll play along. My Dad is a serious coffee drinker, and so am I.

You're exactly right. My mom very rarely had a coffee with breakfast. That's it. My wife is Cuban and drinks coffee all the time and knows different types of coffee and what not.

Back