• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

The alternative is waiting 15 min at baggage claim.

Shortly after 9/11, you really couldn't take anything on board (I think it was just before they had come out with a policy on liquids, so anyone staying overnight ended up checking bags...for free of course). No one lined up 5-10 minutes early to rush on the plane; once on the plane, boarding was very fast because no one was putting anything overhead other than a jacket or laptop case; getting off the plane was much faster too. I'd take that trade off for waiting 15-20 minutes at baggage claim.

Why? You'd rather wait to get to your destination than wait to get on the plane? All that would do is make you sit longer on the plane. It's not taking off any sooner.

And you're just describing Southwest now. Bags fly free and all that.

I disagree that it doesn't take off any sooner. I think you probably save 10 minutes in the boarding process and 5 minutes in the deplaning process. And yes I would rather wait at my destination city than at the beginning of my flight. And also would rather wait at baggage claim while calling somebody to come pick me up, than crammed in a plane with fatties waddling by me trying to figure out where to put their suitcase.

ETA: Never flown Southwest. CLT

Solution: make airline tickets what the actual cost of flying with decent service is and eliminate the rube army from even entering the airport.

I disagree that it doesn't take off any sooner. I think you probably save 10 minutes in the boarding process and 5 minutes in the deplaning process. And yes I would rather wait at my destination city than at the beginning of my flight. And also would rather wait at baggage claim while calling somebody to come pick me up, than crammed in a plane with fatties waddling by me trying to figure out where to put their suitcase.

ETA: Never flown Southwest. CLT

Shame. I think you'd like it.

Waiting at baggage claim is well worth my time. No lugging crap around the airport and fighting for space.

So I guess my Dublin opinion was 100% popular. Good to know.

Yeah, I avoid renting cars if possible, but was really happy I did it in Ireland. In addition to the things mentioned here, I like the Kilhaim jail tour, but the best parts of Ireland are the random, small villages that smell like peat.

Why? You'd rather wait to get to your destination than wait to get on the plane? All that would do is make you sit longer on the plane. It's not taking off any sooner.

And you're just describing Southwest now. Bags fly free and all that.

You could absolutely take off sooner/Arrive later to the airport without all that nonsense.

You could absolutely take off sooner/Arrive later to the airport without all that nonsense.

Sure if every plane using that runway did it. But a few people in a plane won't make a difference.

Selena Gomez is a media creation. She is an average looking chick with a tiny pea head.

Back