• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

That being said, watching the hurling final just now at a crowded pub was nuts. Had never heard of the sport.

He prob wants to get out, too

He's in upstate NY with an aunt and uncle or something like that. Check out the recruiting thread. Top 50 kid with a ton of offers.

Yeah. Think he said he likes going back though.

Dublin, Ireland is a boring city. Today is my third day here and we feel like we’ve done everything we want to. Apparently having a car would help because there is a lot of cool stuff to see in surrounding areas but alas.

My wife and I agree. We rented a car when we went and had a great time.

We felt the same way. Wife and I love Ireland but the way to see it is with a car. Since we hit all of the major Dublin attractions last time next time we fly in we will either just leave right away in a car or fly into Shannon. We had a fantastic time seeing all the little towns and the beautiful countryside/coastline, and we have plenty left to explore.

I feel the same way about Rome. Been many times and always enjoy Italy more once we get outside the city. Next I go back would probably be with kids.

Rome is not boring. If you run out of things to do in a couple of days, you're doing it wrong.

Agree that one or two nights in Dublin is plenty.

I think with Rome it's just that when I'm in Italy I much more enjoy my time out in the country rather than in a big city

I think with Rome it's just that when I'm in Italy I much more enjoy my time out in the country rather than in a big city

That's fine. I could spend a couple of days at the Vatican museum alone though. (Yes, I realize Vatican City is another country.)

People who carry on a suitcase are annoying

Just curious, do you mean a specific type of bag or just anyone who carries on? Because checking a bag is a fucking pain in the ass and usually costs extra.

Dublin, Ireland is a boring city. Today is my third day here and we feel like we’ve done everything we want to. Apparently having a car would help because there is a lot of cool stuff to see in surrounding areas but alas.

Agreed. Outside of a few statues, the Guinness Tour, and Trinity College there isn't much to see.

I was there three nights, which felt a day too long. Luckily there was a US-Ireland soccer match and a pre-party to end with SD3 and crew. I wish I had visited the countryside instead.

I never carry any kind of roller board on. I'll only carry on a small duffel or my computer bag. I hate lugging bags through the airport or worrying about overhead space.

i typically bring a backpack and a roll on and then go to the book store and jam as much food and crap as I can into a third bag and then rush on board and take up as much space in the overhead as I can

Last edited:
Just curious, do you mean a specific type of bag or just anyone who carries on? Because checking a bag is a fucking pain in the ass and usually costs extra.

Like a full on small suitcase, although I'll admit, when I made this opinion I forgot about the fact the carriers charge for a checked bag.

I never carry any kind of roller board on. I'll only carry on a small duffel or my computer bag. I hate lugging bags through the airport or worrying about overhead space.

This, 50% of the time they say they ran out of overhead space so you have to check it in anyways, and the process of getting on and off is slowed down by at least 15 and probably more like 20-30 minutes each way in getting stuff out of the overhead bin. 3 minutes after posting that take I personally waited 2 minutes for the person ahead of me trying to find room for her bag.

You realize they're called rollaboards, right ? Because you roll them aboard.

It's a piece of luggage that you roll aboard.

Like a full on small suitcase, although I'll admit, when I made this opinion I forgot about the fact the carriers charge for a checked bag.

This, 50% of the time they say they ran out of overhead space so you have to check it in anyways, and the process of getting on and off is slowed down by at least 15 and probably more like 20-30 minutes each way in getting stuff out of the overhead bin. 3 minutes after posting that take I personally waited 2 minutes for the person ahead of me trying to find room for her bag.

The alternative is waiting 15 min at baggage claim.

Back