• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Add me to the list of folks who generally ignore the craft cocktail section of the menu. Not necessarily from overuse of the term but because upon examination of the ingredients they often translate to "a lot of really sweet stuff that will overpower the base spirit."

i'll always read through someone's version of an old fashioned, but generally yes.

That's fair. At the ____ & _____ places "their version" is where they add a million pieces of fruit and simple syrup aged in old Tabasco barrels thrown over Niagara Falls. NAH

you gotta read ingredients for any cocktail these days. People can fuck up just about anything in an attempt to be unique.

The place (the observatory, which shares a drink menu with ... Over & Out) calls this a "Fresh Fashioned" - tart cherry infused bourbon muddled with fresh pineapple, armarena cherries & bitters with a splash of soda on the rocks - 9

I tried it on a whim at one point (it was the Happy Hour cocktail one night, so only $5 instead of $9) and it's actually quite good. The fruit aspect of it complements the bourbon really well, and they make it really stiff so the bourbon is still the star. I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

I've seen manhattans without bourbon/rye or vermouth. Um, no.

This is the ubiquitous bastardization of cocktails that has pervaded the service industry. A "Fusion Craft Margarita" that contains no tequila, no triple/orange and nothing sour. Fuck you, Brayden and pour me a $9 beer instead.

y'all must go to bad bars/restaurants if the craft cocktails you get are these weird spins on classics. I see those a lot, but at least they contain the actual spirits they're supposed to.

This is the ubiquitous bastardization of cocktails that has pervaded the service industry. A "Fusion Craft Margarita" that contains no tequila, no triple/orange and nothing sour. Fuck you, Brayden and pour me a $9 beer instead.

Brayden works on Tuesdays. Thursdays is Aidyn (with a Y).

This is the best craft cocktail, nay, cocktail, ever made:

http://cocktaildudes.com/recipe/captain-crunch-martini/

Ingredients

2 oz Tequila Rose
1 oz Faretti Liqueur
1 oz Kahlua
1 oz Frangelico
2 oz Heavy Cream
2 splashes Grenadine

Shake the tequila rose, Faretti liqueur, Kahlua, Frangelico, heavy cream and grenadine with ice in a Cocktail Shaker. Strain into a Saucer Glass.

Garnish with Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries.

y'all must go to bad bars/restaurants if the craft cocktails you get are these weird spins on classics. I see those a lot, but at least they contain the actual spirits they're supposed to.

There are tons of places in DC doing this kind of stuff. Many of the very best restaurants do this regularly. I don't think I've ever had a drink at Kinship that I didn't swap at least one of the liquors listed.

When I walk out and about, I don't want bugs biting and getting up in my shit. Same with my food, give me the pesticides, fuck organic food, I don't want worms on my food

When I walk out and about, I don't want bugs biting and getting up in my shit. Same with my food, give me the pesticides, fuck organic food, I don't want worms on my food

Along these lines, but not quite this far- I have yet to read a really convincing bit of info that would lead me to blankety support non-GMO foods.

Back