• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

They won't be shitty, they will be way more expensive, but they will be less fun.

My general feeling is that you have a better time in a $300 a night hotel in South Beach at 31 than a $7000 a week beach house at 56.

I don't know how old you are, TAB, but I hope you are lucky enough to find out how wrong this take is.
Sure, South Beach at 31 can be awesome, but, if you are doing life right, things don't have to be less fun just because you get older. Different, maybe, but not less fun.

of shows that had at least some run in the 2010s

1. Curb
2. 30 Rock
3. Party Down
4. Veep
5. Broad City
6. You're the Worst
7. Always Sunny
8. Parks and Rec
9. Bojack Horseman
10. Louie

I don't think Party Down was on long enough to be ranked. Lot easier to do 2 seasons of good TV than 7 to 10.

Not a Silicon Valley fan?

ETA: I haven't been religiously watching sitcoms this decade (just do reruns of the '90s greats), but my top...
1) Veep
2) 30 Rock
3) Parks and Rec
4) Silicon Valley
5) Black-ish

1. Curb
2. 30 Rock
3. Party Down
4. Veep
5. Broad City
6. You're the Worst
7. Always Sunny
8. Parks and Rec
9. Bojack Horseman
10. Louie

I've never seen one single episode of any of those shows. Unpopular fact?

I've seen the full run of all of those shows except Party Down and Veep.

Veep beginning to end is probably one of the best written shows I've ever seen. You could watch each episode 3 times in a row and still pick up on subtleties. Also, their ability to stay politically neutral in a politically charged time was impressive, although the idiocy of one particular sect started to show through in the last couple seasons.

1. Curb
2. 30 Rock
3. Party Down
4. Veep
5. Broad City
6. You're the Worst
7. Always Sunny
8. Parks and Rec
9. Bojack Horseman
10. Louie

Eastbound and Down makes my top 10

Eastbound and Down makes my top 10

Good list. I would remove Bojack, you're the Worst, and Broad City because I haven't seen, and Party Down because it ended in June 2010, and replace with Eastbound, the Office, Silicon Valley and Modern Family (early modern family was really good).

And I'd go:

1. Veep
2. 30 Rock
3. Curb
4. Always Sunny
5. Office
6. Parks
7. Silicon
8. Modern Family
9. Eastbound
10. Louie (but might replace with Catastrophe).

Can you throw Atlanta in there? That’s the best comedy running right now.

yeah, there are some borderline "comedies" and I don't have a strong enough grasp of TV vocabulary to know if there is a distinction between sitcoms and comedies, but Atlanta and High Maintenance are two personal favorites

and Archer is defs on the list if animated is included

You should complete Party Down and Veep - both are fantastic.

I've never had Showtime and I basically just had HBO during most of the run of The Sopranos, Curb, and Entourage. Haven't had it since. I watched the first season on Amazon Prime when it was included a few years ago. I think that was before HBO GO.

Nah. PH remains undepheated. Parks is the GOAT.

Clearly, my PETE BRO gets the importance of local Indiana politics.

Can you throw Atlanta in there? That’s the best comedy running right now.

I give longevity a ton of credit. After a strong 3rd season, Atlanta would be very high on my list.

For the "Parks and Rec - GOAT" crew, what are your thoughts on the first two seasons? The first season is objectively bad, especially when stacked up against the show's prime.

30 Rock might be the only post-2000 comedy that doesn't have a major flaw, but you could even argue that it didn't really get going until season 2.

I'd make an argument for Detroiters, but it's much easier for a two-season show to be good than a longer one.

I assume sketch comedy shows don't count, because if so, Key & Peele wins.

Back