• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I mean, we have a table top tree that's out of reach that has ornaments and room for gifts underneath. But we weren't interested in having our normal floor tree if it meant we would constantly be picking up ornaments that were ripped off and thrown across the room. Or having a half-decorated tree.

You are crushing this thread.

Side note, I’m picking up yuge missionary position exclusive sex vibes from you. You’ll do doggy style and one (1) time, it’s fun but yeah also tacky.

Tell me about it. But I'll say this, the apple fell FAR from the tree on this one. A dirty, slutty tree.

I mean, we have a table top tree that's out of reach that has ornaments and room for gifts underneath. But we weren't interested in having our normal floor tree if it meant we would constantly be picking up ornaments that were ripped off and thrown across the room. Or having a half-decorated tree.

Is that how your kids act when they go out in public too ? Or to someone's else's house at Christmas ?

Christmas and Christmas trees are a good way to teach kids some self restraint. As noted above, the low ornaments are not breakable and/or cheap. Adjustments for kids only should go so far.

Going around the room taking turns opening presents fucking sucks but this is how my wife does it.

Much better to have someone playing Santa and handing one round of gifts out at a time and everyone opens that round simultaneously.

Both of those are better than a child tearing through gifts like he’s never had Christmas before.

At 6:00 am.

Going around the room taking turns opening presents fucking sucks but this is how my wife does it.

Much better to have someone playing Santa and handing one round of gifts out at a time and everyone opens that round simultaneously.

My dad plays Santa (literally dresses up as Santa) and hands out all the gifts then we go one by one.

Definitely the best way.

My wife’s family does one by one also - and she’s the oldest of six. And now that there are nieces and nephews in the picture it takes an hour to get through a round of presents.

for the first time in my adult life i bought a fake tree. it's awesome!

i used to buy real coniferous evergreen trees for Christmas and plant them before New Years when i first moved into my current house. then, when i had no where to plant them we went to the normal cut trees. i had to do a big upgrade with my lights, i fucking hate stringing up lights with the tangles and issues. so the new tree is pre-lighted with tiny LEDs and 12 different variations of white or colored lights.

Fake tree is the only way to go. No needles dropping on the floor. Get them without lights though because it takes forever to remove the strand that comes with it once it craps out. Plus they’re like $50 more with lights that cost like $10 at most. Takes 2 min to wrap them around the tree yourself.

unfortunately i am against dogs on planes. last week we had four or maybe 5 dogs and at least one cat on the plane. they were everywhere! i can understand therapy dogs or seeing eye dogs, but everyone is taking advantage of "emotional support animals".

shit is out of control

unfortunately i am against dogs on planes. last week we had four or maybe 5 dogs and at least one cat on the plane. they were everywhere! i can understand therapy dogs or seeing eye dogs, but everyone is taking advantage of "emotional support animals".

shit is out of control

Two years ago, I was flying to Boston. As I walked through first class. I saw former Meet the Press Host David Gregory. In the seat next to him was a dog in a carrying case. I smiled and said, "Cute dog."

He replied, "Not mine."

How would you like to have paid for first class only to have someone else's dog sitting next to you? :)

Two years ago, I was flying to Boston. As I walked through first class. I saw former Meet the Press Host David Gregory. In the seat next to him was a dog in a carrying case. I smiled and said, "Cute dog."

He replied, "Not mine."

How would you like to have paid for first class only to have someone else's dog sitting next to you? :)

Better than any human neighbor.

He replied, "Not mine."

This literally happened to me about a month ago. But the dog was smallish, cute, and well behaved so overall it probably made my flight a little more enjoyable.

Back