• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Ground turkey tastes better than ground beef.

lol

ground turkey Bolognese over spaghetti squash noodles !

giphy.gif

I use ground pork for any ground meat non burger application. More delicious than ground turkey, but not as unhealthy (maybe?) as ground beef.

Ground lamb>Ground beef in almost every scenario possible.

Turkey sucks for all things.

I feel like you can swap out about half the called for ground beef in a recipe with ground turkey and not really notice the difference

if you're using ground meat in something where it's in crumbles and covered up by a sauce or heavy seasoning (chili, meat sauce, taco meat, etc), ground turkey is nearly indistinguishable from ground beef. if it needs to stand more on its own (burger, meatloaf, etc) it's best to use ground beef or a blend with lamb/veal/pork.

Ground venison makes for the best spaghetti topper.

if you're using ground meat in something where it's in crumbles and covered up by a sauce or heavy seasoning (chili, meat sauce, taco meat, etc), ground turkey is nearly indistinguishable from ground beef. if it needs to stand more on its own (burger, meatloaf, etc) it's best to use ground beef or a blend with lamb/veal/pork.

Yeah that’s where I’m at.

Whew, that is a Big Gay take.

Using Turkey in place of beef is the equivalent of when you're trying to quietly squeak out a fart in church, but instead it makes a big poot sound - everyone is going to pretend like they didn't notice. BUT THEY DO. THEY DO NOTICE WHEN YOU USE FUCKING TURKEY BECAUSE THERE'S NO FAT. THERE'S NO GODDANED FLAVOR, BARCADEAC. ARE YOU MY WIFE? FUCK.

This is what Big Turkey wants you to think.

Yea, a bunch of people in my family don't eat pork for religious reasons so we get that bullshit turkey replacement jive. Fuck turkeys dead or alive.

I often like chicken sausage as well or better than pork sausage. Seems like the correct thread. Not turkey sausage though. That usually sucks.

We get these packaged andouille chicken sausages that are awesome with breakfast, shrimp and grits, etc. They also cause less diarrhea.

Back