• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I like the American terminal at JFK and laguardia
The Delta terminal is better. We had a long layover so took the train over from the American terminal to use the Centurion lounge. It sucks that there’s no airside connections between terminals.

I might have posted in here before but is it an unpopular opinion to say the Atlanta airport is great? A lot of people hate it, but it’s logically laid out so you know how far your gate is no matter where you are.

I think my only problem w/ Atlanta as a connecting airport is how often I ended up on the far side of C terminal and had to then make it to a gate on the far side of A terminal, with a 45-60 minute layover.. it's a loooot of walking

But I'd prefer Atlanta to lots of other places, I like that you can pretty much walk between them all OR take the train thing. Any airport that has a forced train/bus/etc to move between the common terminals is on my shitlist. Sometimes I just wanna walk.

Yeah. That’s the issue. One time, I had a flight change from like A10 or C40 15 minutes before boarding which led to 200 people sprinting for 15 minutes. Thankfully I haven’t had a layover in Atlanta in many years.

DFW is my favorite major airport. The terminals are a little too narrow in many spots but overall the layout it great. Also I fucking love that there is a Pappadeaux in there

I think my only problem w/ Atlanta as a connecting airport is how often I ended up on the far side of C terminal and had to then make it to a gate on the far side of A terminal, with a 45-60 minute layover.. it's a loooot of walking

But I'd prefer Atlanta to lots of other places, I like that you can pretty much walk between them all OR take the train thing. Any airport that has a forced train/bus/etc to move between the common terminals is on my shitlist. Sometimes I just wanna walk.
yeah and at JFK you have to go through security if switching terminals. granted the way the terminals are set up you probably wouldn't need to, but they should still have the option of getting between without doing so.

TPA is a great airport. Can get a "to go" cup and take your drink from any bar all around. Nice smoking areas, outside after going through security.
Nice clean airport that doubles as a bar

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. TPA shows up in national and international rankings for best airport.

To that point, this may be an unpopular opinion. I have no desire to show up to the airport early enough to take advantage of an airport accurately described as a "Nice clean airport that doubles as a bar." TPA is a perfect airport for a layover. Every terminal is self-contained. There are bars and restaurants a quick walk from every gate. But I doubt there are many layovers except Southwest flights.

Unpopular - I’ve never really hated an airport I’ve flown through. I’m pretty easygoing I guess. Displeasure during my travel experiences has usually been the fault of the airline or the people in the airport.

I might have posted in here before but is it an unpopular opinion to say the Atlanta airport is great? A lot of people hate it, but it’s logically laid out so you know how far your gate is no matter where you are.

It's pretty much the greatest logistical operation in the US. Staggering the amount of traffic they pump thru.

you are in the right thread. DFW is an abomination
I like DFWs pay as you enter system. If you are picking someone up, you may as well park and meet them at the carousel because it isn’t gonna cost you anything more than you are already paying and it’s much more pleasant than endlessly circling the airport.

Back