• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

less so now, 10 years after that opinion was originally expressed

I definitely said it on a thread last week and I'm sure the response is I'm giving way too much credit to Clawson, but there's just no way that a dude who got moved to rover, tight end, insert random third string other position here, and then ended up back as the QB3 is better than Griffis or Kern. And I feel like I'm taking crazy pills after watching the Pitt game and seeing responses other folks had about his play. He wasn't good. He had several throws that should have been picked off by a competent defense. Yeah Griffis does that shit plenty too but if Marucci was any good he wouldn't have been QB3 and moved positions several times.

That's my soapbox and I'll step off. To be clear Griffis also sucks.

I definitely said it on a thread last week and I'm sure the response is I'm giving way too much credit to Clawson, but there's just no way that a dude who got moved to rover, tight end, insert random third string other position here, and then ended up back as the QB3 is better than Griffis or Kern. And I feel like I'm taking crazy pills after watching the Pitt game and seeing responses other folks had about his play. He wasn't good. He had several throws that should have been picked off by a competent defense. Yeah Griffis does that shit plenty too but if Marucci was any good he wouldn't have been QB3 and moved positions several times.

That's my soapbox and I'll step off. To be clear Griffis also sucks.
The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

For the life of me I don't get the appeal of taylor swift. Even not trying to be a hater, like what does she do well? She doesn't have a great voice, she isn't hot, can't dance, songs are just kind of boring background noise. I don't get it.

Being a hater...

Taylor Swift is music for girls that panic when you ask them what their favorite hobbies are.
I'm no Swifty but my daughters love her. I think a lot of her songs tell relateable stories and people eat that up because it is so rare in music these days... They are not complicated, you can understand a lot of the lyrics, you can sing along, etc. - her stuff is like country music for people that want to listen to pop. Then again, sometimes there is no explaining what or who becomes super popular...

Taylor Swift has been popular for a decade now but it feels like she has recently skyrocketed even higher. I think it all stems from the general population wanting shared experiences post-covid. Everyone used to watch the same shows/movies that came out and listened to a much smaller selection of music than what is available now. This was largely thought of as monoculture. I have a lot of current tv shows that I absolutely love but my coworkers have never heard of them, despite them being a big deal to me. Now you can stream almost any show/movie/song that was ever made from all corners of the world. Even the most popular shows have no where near the ratings network shows used to have.

During covid, everyone was trapped inside their homes and kind of developed their own culture they chose to partake in and a lot of that was done online/virtually. Now that we are no longer quarantined in our homes, I think people are longing for these big events, especially young people that had a chunk of their high school/college years trapped inside. The Taylor Swift tour and the Barbie movie are examples of these gigantic unified experiences. You take two things that were already very popular in their own right, Taylor Swift and Barbie dolls and combine it with a huge event and mix in a dash of nostalgia.

The resurgence of Creed is another interesting phenomenon that's happening right now.

Back