• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I'd swap Bruce and Pig and then widen the gap.

Pig is just such a different animal than the other guys and the style is so vastly different. What he was trying to do and what everybody who followed in my mind are two completely different things. He and Brent are my favorite, but they're so vastly different it feels weird comparing them.

Seeing Pig next to TC just feels wrong.

I also readily admit that Bruce and Vince I've listened to way less than the others so it makes the comps harder for me and the bad was just in such a different place.
I pretty much don't listen to anything after 91 (so, the Vince era), but Bruce and Vince together were a good combo

The Grateful Dead were better after Pigpen left
I am pretty sure this is a pretty widely held belief. Dude was a drunk mans drunk, and the band would often have the sound guys cut his audio since he was playing so badly.

I think there is a Jerry quote out there about how how Bobby was doing wayyy to much LSD and Pigpen wasn't doing enough.

I am pretty sure this is a pretty widely held belief. Dude was a drunk mans drunk, and the band would often have the sound guys cut his audio since he was playing so badly.

I think there is a Jerry quote out there about how how Bobby was doing wayyy to much LSD and Pigpen wasn't doing enough.
Pigpen was a drunk, he wasn't really into the drugs the rest of the band was doing. there are a lot of people who love the Pigpen years and talk about how he was the true frontman or the heart and soul, etc.

sucks he died, don't get me wrong. but I'm not that into the vibes he brought to the band. it shouldn't be a coincidence that arguably the best 2 years for the Dead (73, 74) are right after he left

Pigpen was a drunk, he wasn't really into the drugs the rest of the band was doing. there are a lot of people who love the Pigpen years and talk about how he was the true frontman or the heart and soul, etc.

sucks he died, don't get me wrong. but I'm not that into the vibes he brought to the band. it shouldn't be a coincidence that arguably the best 2 years for the Dead (73, 74) are right after he left

To me him leaving was just the shift sonically of the band. They left the more grounded blues realm with the departure of pig. It’s hard to argue his influence on the sound of the band from their Warlock days to early dead days.

Even in his last 2 years you can hear the shift away from him and him “losing the battle” of where the band was headed once acid really started dominating. The difference between the sound in 68/69 and 71/72 is staggering.

Mickey was also gone during those years . . .

College Gameday on ESPN should devote an hour to the Wake Forest quarterback situation every Saturday morning.
I don’t know about gameday, but you and I could easily riff on that subject for an hour and a half when you pick me up from the airport and we drive to the NC state game.

I don’t know about gameday, but you and I could easily riff on that subject for an hour and a half when you pick me up from the airport and we drive to the NC state game.

Sorry dude, I'll begetting ready for my big Diwali party the next day.

Taylor’s versions of Shake it Off and Bad Blood are worse than the old versions.
For the life of me I don't get the appeal of taylor swift. Even not trying to be a hater, like what does she do well? She doesn't have a great voice, she isn't hot, can't dance, songs are just kind of boring background noise. I don't get it.

Being a hater...

Taylor Swift is music for girls that panic when you ask them what their favorite hobbies are.

For the life of me I don't get the appeal of taylor swift. Even not trying to be a hater, like what does she do well? She doesn't have a great voice, she isn't hot, can't dance, songs are just kind of boring background noise. I don't get it.

Being a hater...

Taylor Swift is music for girls that panic when you ask them what their favorite hobbies are.
"I like hiking and Taylor Swift and going to Cafe's"

Being a hater...

I assume this includes women whose personality revolves around two of their husbands, church, and wine.

Being a hater...

I am far from an out and out Taylor defender, but I think it boils down to the fact that her lyrics touch on a lot of universal themes of girlhood and she actually does write a pretty good hook/earworm (who else is going to make make a lyric as simple but also stupidly relatable as "its me, hi, i'm the monster, it's me" with a little melody that will get stuck in your head).

Her other weaknesses as an artist make her more relatable, which I think is obviously endearing to a lot of people. It's easier to sing along to her songs because her vocals aren't crazy good etc.

Beyond that... full credit for working her ass off and meticulously maintaining her image every step of the way.

Give me Olivia Rodrigo any day of the week tho.

I am far from an out and out Taylor defender, but I think it boils down to the fact that her lyrics touch on a lot of universal themes of girlhood and she actually does write a pretty good hook/earworm (who else is going to make make a lyric as simple but also stupidly relatable as "its me, hi, i'm the monster, it's me" with a little melody that will get stuck in your head).

Her other weaknesses as an artist make her more relatable, which I think is obviously endearing to a lot of people. It's easier to sing along to her songs because her vocals aren't crazy good etc.

Beyond that... full credit for working her ass off and meticulously maintaining her image every step of the way.

Give me Olivia Rodrigo any day of the week tho.
Is there a single T swift song better than Call Me Maybe?

Being a hater...

22 likes women to dance for him.

I think her general awkwardness must be part of the appeal. That said the songs on 1989 are laboratory created ear worms. My kids love Taylor swift but they’re under 10 years old so who gives a shit. Grown women swifties are odd though.

Back