• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I like to consume content before I criticize it.

Just looked up the list. I've seen Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, Thor Ragnorak, Avengers, Civil War, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Spiderman: Homecoming. I think that's enough to have an opinion.

Cruises in general sound like hell on earth, not a vacation. It is like vacationing in a Walmart.

They can be hell or they can be fucking awesome. All depends on how you do it. Getting drunk all day, eating dank foods, laying around in the sun, gambling when you want to, comedy shows if you're into that kind of thing...I'd give my cruise experiences 8/10....Gotta go with a wife, GF or Knights mom for obvious reasons.

But yeah, the other side of cruises can certainly be lame if you don't do it right.

My wife and kids like the superhero movies, but I usually pass. I don't like the over-the-top storylines, characters, and end-to-end action. I can't even tell what the fuck is happening when the action sequences start. CGI is cool and the people making those movies are talented as they come, but the finished product just confuses and bores me.

I don't begrudge grown men liking comic book movies or superhero shit. I mean, when I get the remote control I spend a lot of my time on YouTube watching grown men prance around a stage with long hair and costumes singing songs about hobbits or futuristic worlds or card games or not eating yellow snow, or documentaries/interviews with these people. It's all kid stuff really so what watch what you want

on topic, the water/ice dispenser on the outside of the refrigerator door is overrated. Its messy and prone to breaking/clogging especially with kids. just got a new fridge and went with internal water dispenser, get your own ice out of bottom drawer freezer. much better

clean clothes should be folded in proper, civilized order from bulkiest to smallest:

sweatshirts/hoodies
pants/jeans
tshirts
underwear
socks

They can be hell or they can be fucking awesome. All depends on how you do it. Getting drunk all day, eating dank foods, laying around in the sun, gambling when you want to, comedy shows if you're into that kind of thing...I'd give my cruise experiences 8/10....Gotta go with a wife, GF or Knights mom for obvious reasons.

But yeah, the other side of cruises can certainly be lame if you don't do it right.

Yep. Plus the small #ELIte cruises are WAY different (better) than the 5000 person floating malls.

on topic, the water/ice dispenser on the outside of the refrigerator door is overrated. Its messy and prone to breaking/clogging especially with kids. just got a new fridge and went with internal water dispenser, get your own ice out of bottom drawer freezer. much better

Weak opinion in general. Real dudes drink water straight from the sink faucet.

I can’t stand live music.

I’d much rather sit on my porch listening to music than go to a concert.

yeah, drink dispensers are a fucking joke and look like shit. just use the tap

cruises are supposedly fun

i've been on two, one from Barcelona hitting ports along French and Italian coasts and one from Copenhagen hitting Norwegian ports. They were great, though less to see in Norwegian ports of call. You just have to get off the boat and avoid the cruise sponsored stuff. The worst part is that it's usually difficult to get dinner off the boat b/c of the time constraints.

I don't think I'd enjoy a Caribbean cruise, though. Just go to the beach.

Last edited:
well looks like we have another 1,000 ph posts coming

I've barely participated in this discussion.

Ph, you probably know more about Star Wars and definitely more about Marvel than me, but the comparison seems apt to me. Star Wars releases used to be a big deal, now they’re annual. They were once serialized around a central story and now there are spin-off hero title stories. It used to be campy fun and now it’s the biggest actors in the world doing winking innuendo and bad dad jokes and representation politics. Maybe it isn’t a perfect like for like but they’ve definitely found a formula that works for fan service and the masses.

If you're talking about the sequel films (Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Rise of Skywalker), I'd say the big problem is that they didn't "Marvel-ize" for the reasons I stated. That's why the sequels were generally a critical and box office disappointment. But I guess you're right as well if your problem with both is the frequency of the films.

If you're talking about The Mandalorian, yes, Star Wars has cracked the Marvel formula by making TV episodes somewhat similar to how the MCU mirrored a 22-episode season of a TV show. Jon Favreau jumpstarted the MCU with Iron Man and he helms The Mandalorian. The future of Star Wars may be on Disney+ all together.

Back