• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban Meyer to OSU

I just want to add that this situation has been a little sticky in the damo household.

My wife went to UF and my sister went to Ohio State. They are both HUGE college football fans. In 2006, they never talked to each other about the NC game. They acted like the game did not occur, both pre and post game.

They have yet to discuss this situation to each other. Each voices their frustration/opinions through me, which is awesome for me.

He's not going to be able to recruit nearly the same speed at OSU that he was able to wrangle at UF. That is going to severely impact his spread O in competing at a national level.

While he's won everywhere he's coached, he was only relevant nationally when he was at UF.

I don't doubt that he'll win lots of games at OSU, but unless he moves the school to the southeast, there is going to be a decent talent gap between his program and the top 2-3 SEC schools.

No way. I would be he'll win multiple Big 10 championships though.

TAB with some blazeing hot takes. As ever.

In national title games: Teams coached by Urban Meyer, 107, Teams with Heisman Winner at QB, 48.

Arthur Blank should back the Brinks truck up to Urban's house, the guy is a genius and he's only 50.

Nailed it, minus the whole BCS part.

Also looked back through this thread and saw I predicted 3 years, then 4 years. I was casting a wide net!

Of course if we still had the BCS, no championship for tOSU.

Just learned last night the Meyer was drafted by the Braves out of HS in 1982. He played 2 years in the Braves system in the low minors before his release. Interesting to think how things would have been different if made it in baseball. Would he now be the best manager in MLB?

Arthur Blank should back the Brinks truck up to Urban's house, the guy is a genius and he's only 50.

Scary what Urban could do in the NFL. For as much credit as Chip Kelly gets for being an innovator, Meyer's offense has the spread with a power running element that Kelly's offense doesn't have. In the NFL you probably need that against the Seattles of the world.

How about this one?

Even worse, he doesn't realize that Urban will have no problem getting a QB to run his offense at Ohio State.

Back