• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US News 2024 Rankings (Wake #47)

Probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but I think Chapel Hill is nicer than Charlottesville, at least as it applies to the actual campus and actual town. The surrounding areas are very different, so it depends on what you're looking for.
Agree.

Yeah. Wake plays in a lot of different pools. Wake is a very unique university. Wake is like Davidson, Elon, etc but with med, law, business, and doctoral programs. Wake is like Emory but with big time athletics. Wake is like Vandy and Duke but without the huge research expenditures.
Elon? Come on.

Elon? Come on.
Elon is a pretty cool school, but I agree it doesn't belong in the conversation with Davidson, for a variety of reasons, including that it has law, PA, and other professional schools.

Just got an ad for High Point calling it the “premier life skills university.”

What’s that? Like tying your shoes, driver’s ed, how to read and write?

Last edited:
Just got an add for High Point calling it the “premier life skills university.”

So if you ever talk to an HPU grad they will tell you about the on campus steakhouse where you can be taught how to conduct yourself at a business lunch. I’m guessing that’s what they are talking about.

Sounds like when my sister took golf at the Coast Guard Academy which was mainly meant for teaching you how to interact with higher ups and present yourself well.

Just got an ad for High Point calling it the “premier life skills university.”

How to order wine in a restaurant.

How to order wine in a restaurant.
I should have gone to HPU. When I was in my 20s I went to a fancy dinner with a client and another of my associates. The client was a regular there and knew it well. He said "I will just order for all of us". Then told the server "We will all have chateaubriand " To which I chimed in "Thanks, but I'm not really a wine drinker". Absolutely true story. Idiot.

The building is owned by a Delaware Limited Partnership affiliated with Grammercy Property Trust, which was acquired by Blackstone.

The filing states the default on the loan occurred on Oct. 20, with a total balance remaining of $34.9 million. 200 North College, a five-story, 458,169-square-foot building that houses a branch of Wake Forest University, is more than 90% vacant following Bank of America Corp.’s move from the space and into Legacy Union’s Bank of America Tower in 2019.

So Wake’s just a smallish tenant and it’s the owners (not Wake) in default?

Wake occupies 28,758 square feet on the first floor of the five-story building. Total building size is 419.532 square feet, so Wake occupies 6.9%. It's not the greatest building. No real amenities. The loan includes two other buildings in Florida and Arizona. Wake's just an innocent bystander here.

That was all BofA office space before the big bank real estate footprint shifts. I’m honestly surprised the building didn’t go belly up before now.

That was all BofA office space before the big bank real estate footprint shifts. I’m honestly surprised the building didn’t go belly up before now.
The distressing part of that article is the prominence given to the "Wake Forest" part of the borrower's name. No mention of the BoA departure or previous occupancy.

Back