• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US News Rankings: Wake top 25

For WF to land in the top 25 is excellent. Assuming we're #25, I think that ties our highest ranking ever.

These things are such bullshit. I remember a time when we were considering opting out of these, but it would appear not.

Duke #7
Notre Dame #18
UVA #23
Wake Forest #23
UNC #30
BC #31
Georgia Tech #36
Miami #47
Clemson #60
UMD #62
Pitt #62
Syracuse #62
Virginia Tech #69
Florida State #81
NC State #101
<cough>Louisville #161</cough>

Lolol, the no SAT requirement is working. Brilliant move. Make SAT optional --> increase applicant pool --> drive down the acceptance rate --> move up in rankings.

Last edited:
#HistoricallyCompetitive

Wow, is 23 Wake's highest ranking ever?

I don't remember it being discussed here, but the medical center also had their highest ranking ever, by far, about 1 month ago. The med center was ranked in 12 specialties, which compared very favorably to peers such as Emory (ranked in only 5 specialties), unc (3), and uva (1). Only 12 other medical centers in the country were ranked in more specialties.

Last edited:
DEAAACCSSSS

LETSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hatch's plan is starting to work.

holy. shit.

some of y'all puddin pants clowns need to eat the crow right out of his bow-tie wearin hands

Wow, is 23 Wake's highest ranking ever?

Think so, though given all the ties we may not have improved that much in absolute terms.

Still, nice to see us put some distance between us and UNC, if nothing else.

Hatch's plan is starting to work.

holy. shit.

some of y'all puddin pants clowns need to eat the crow right out of his bow-tie wearin hands

wait what's working? we've always been in that range. pretty sure we were 22 or 23 in 2003 as well. its all the emo donks and doofi that brought us back down in between.

wait what's working? we've always been in that range. pretty sure we were 22 or 23 in 2003 as well. its all the emo donks and doofi that brought us back down in between.

A9QIx6QCcAAMtQ4.jpg:large

Although, as Townie implied, these rankings are in many ways bullshit, they definitely do matter. And people do look at them.

#23 is fantastic. I was pretty pissed when the tie broke last year and we went down to #27 (?) after both UVA and Emory had big cheating/USNW scandals.

Back