• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US Olympic Team Opening Ceremony Uniforms

You should see the USA's choices for gymnastics leotards. Puke city.

Beyond that, most of the gear/equipment athletes use will be made in places like China, Bangladesh, and India in shitty, miserable conditions. Singling out PRL for this is silly. Especially in the context of basketball in which I doubt anything worn in the NBA is made in the US.

This was my first thought. I think this is just political posturing at this point catering to the idiots in the US.

hqdefault.jpg

THEY TOOK OUR JERBSSSS

PRL has indeed contributed LARGE sums of money to the US Olympic teams, not just this year. There are no Olympic teams without private sponsors. And there certainly aren't any medals for US athletes without what private contributors provide.

I don't think they look bad except for the berets and the fact that the polo logo is a bit large for my tastes.

I don't think they look bad except for the berets and the fact that the polo logo is a bit large for my tastes.

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with them. I wouldn't wear it in public and the polo logo is large, but those are my only gripes.

The hem looks uneven on the skirt. Like a mullet hem.

This. And I wonder if Harry Reid & the others whining about the uniforms being made in China drive American-made cars. I'll bet not. So STFU kthx.

Pretty much every national politician drives an American car because it's a visible thing and if they don't their opponent in the next primary will make an issue about it. But I guarantee that if you check the label in ol' Harry's underpants, shirts, suits and ties almost none of them are made in the US of A.

pretty much agree with everything WakeGal said. i could care less about the logo. its a little lame for them to have been made in China, but just about everything these days is and since the uniforms were most likely donated i don't have too much of a problem with it. the worst part about the whole thing is that stupid fucking hat.

How late do you have to stay up to watch an event in London?

Ha, I'm surprised that nobody commented on this -- if you are staying up late in the US to watch events broadcasted live from London, you are doing it incorrectly.

Sleepy, you may want to see their ages first.

Back