• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

USC - Barkley Staying or Going?

WE GOING TO THE SHIP

269101204_029_USC_at_UCLA.jpg

They'll be in the conversation, for sure. It's just that USC seems like a trendy pick right now, and teams like that often don't pan out. It sort of reminds me how UGA was preseason number one in 2008 after blowing out Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl and returning all of those starters from the year before, then they ended up a relatively disappointing 10-3. Trendiness aside, it's relatively uncommon for the preseason favorite to win it all. Only '99 FSU and '04 USC come to mind from the BCS era.

They return two of the 4 or 5 best receivers in the country to go along with the best returning QB. Add to that a lot of other returning starters from a team that was ranked in the Top 10 and their top level incoming frosh.

It makes a lot of sense for USC to be #1 preseason.

They return two of the 4 or 5 best receivers in the country to go along with the best returning QB. Add to that a lot of other returning starters from a team that was ranked in the Top 10 and their top level incoming frosh.

16 returning starters RJ...

did anyone watch this squad down the stretch?!? the defense was silly good in that tampa 2 once the young kids got the hang of it...

At the end of the season, they might have given LSU a good game.....and I really don't like Kiffen...but they have the goods.

At the end of the season, they might have given LSU a good game.....and I really don't like Kiffen...but they have the goods.

They have a good staff and tremendous talent...

who was saying they were done again???

The Skins aren't smart enough to pick Barkley, so they don't lose anything....

Oregon 12-1

Vs

USC 13-0

2013 National Championship Game!!!

Rematch the Pac 12 championship game :Willy nilly

I never said that they shouldn't be preseason #1.

BTW, LSU is returning a shit ton next year too, they're better than USC is right now, and they've currently got a better 2012 recruiting class than USC according to both Scout and Rivals.

@rglass44
ryan glass
Would people be salty if Barkley tweeted pics of his babes flashing the V for victory this year?

lol lane kiffins dumb ass is gonna be a national champion in 13 months. unreal.

I never said that they shouldn't be preseason #1.

BTW, LSU is returning a shit ton next year too, they're better than USC is right now, and they've currently got a better 2012 recruiting class than USC according to both Scout and Rivals.

Homer alert :)

He doesn't look anything like Peter Tosh or even Jiommy Cliff...

DUH :)

Did you really think I thought they were comparing, the young 30something, mayonaise on white bread white Lane Kiffin with a 65+ yo, black Jamaican raggae superstar?

Come on :)

Back