• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ushers and pigs are out of control

P4nthers11

Reaction score
I've never seen so many students kicked out of the game. What is with this Multi colored wristband bullshit. When I was at wake if you were a student you got a wristband and could sit in the student section. Why are we kicking students out of an empty student section?

Does anyone have more info on this? Why were the students "kicked out"?

One was removed in the 2nd half for throwing a cup or bottle on the field. Was that acceptable?

At homecoming they started yelling at students who were sitting on the stands.

Also the multi-colored wrist bands are a disaster. Screamin' Demons have a color, everyone competing in the "Deacon Cup" has a color, and students without a wrist band get forced into the back

Oh the Deacon cup is stupid gives frats great seats to tailgate until the game starts. We got kicked out of our seats last year and they told us and I quote "get more friends" last year it took something like 20 or 30 people to get a "Deacon Cup" team. How can normal people get seats in this configuration?

At homecoming they started yelling at students who were sitting on the stands.

Also the multi-colored wrist bands are a disaster. Screamin' Demons have a color, everyone competing in the "Deacon Cup" has a color, and students without a wrist band get forced into the back

The "back"? So like Row T?

Quit complaining about seat location. There really isn't a bad seat in the student section.

if you got kicked out of the game its likely because you were drunk and/or puking. im sure the football players appreciate the support

This thread is exhibit A of why you should not post drunk from the games.

I wasn't referring to people getting kicked out for being drunk, I just didn't understand the whole wristband system. In the second half when the lower half of the student section was pretty much empty I just thought it was idiotic for the ushers to continue pointing out to the cops which students had the wrong colored wristbands and needed to be told to get out of the section. If the student support sucks then maybe exercise a little more discretion. Cop who thought he was Ed Hocchuli with his too small shirt could probably have been less of a tool as well.

I can't speak for all the people who got kicked out, but for the most part I have been told it was over-intoxication.

Wasn't aware of the problems this week but heard about some issues for the Clemson game. Students trying to get into the game 15 minute before the game were being turned away.

Apparently they handed out wristbands to all the fraternities that had been tailgating, however when those students decided to either not go into the game or wait until later in the game, it left our student section with a great deal of seats and students not being allowed to enter the game.

Not sure how this whole situation can be resolved but it's obviously not working.

Wasn't aware of the problems this week but heard about some issues for the Clemson game. Students trying to get into the game 15 minute before the game were being turned away.

Apparently they handed out wristbands to all the fraternities that had been tailgating, however when those students decided to either not go into the game or wait until later in the game, it left our student section with a great deal of seats and students not being allowed to enter the game.

Not sure how this whole situation can be resolved but it's obviously not working.

Unsure how it can be resolved? It definitely seemed to function fine back in the day before there were various "types" of students (Screamin Demons, Frats, and Outcasts). Just go back to that. Quit giving certain student groups preferential treatment, and go back to first come, first serve. Our student support isn't big enough to try to regulate the apportionment of seats.

Unsure how it can be resolved? It definitely seemed to function fine back in the day before there were various "types" of students (Screamin Demons, Frats, and Outcasts). Just go back to that. Quit giving certain student groups preferential treatment, and go back to first come, first serve. Our student support isn't big enough to try to regulate the apportionment of seats.

QFT
We scanned our ID at the entrance and then sat anywhere we wanted in the student section. Never really noticed an issue.

Back