• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Townie et al, any suggestions for another band with a similar sound to Real Estate?

Big fan of War on Drugs, but I'm not familiar with the others. I'll check 'em out. Thanks, dude.

Big fan of War on Drugs, but I'm not familiar with the others. I'll check 'em out. Thanks, dude.

Yea I am going to see tame impala and the amazing tomorrow night at union transfer in Philly. Super stoked. If you like the amazing, I got a bunch of other recommendations as I have been super into Swed Prog Rock lately.

Speaking of Tame Impala: Lonerism is silly good. Everything I wanted Innerspeaker to be and more.

Townie et al, any suggestions for another band with a similar sound to Real Estate?

If you like the new twangy surf rock sound, I would suggest Allah-Las and Beach Fossils, although these are both less laid back than Real Estate, while still part of that same movement. The new Allah-Las is fantastic. I posted a Youtube or two a few pages back.

If you like the new twangy surf rock sound, I would suggest Allah-Las and Beach Fossils, although these are both less laid back than Real Estate, while still part of that same movement. The new Allah-Las is fantastic. I posted a Youtube or two a few pages back.

Thanks, dude. I've come across Beach Fossils on Pandora, but have never sat down with an album of theirs. Never heard of Allah-Las, but have it up on spotify now and will report back.

TAB, if the lawyering thing doesn't work out, you need to become a professional person who recommends music that sounds like other music. Fucking spot-on with those recs above.

The lawyering thing sucks, but what are you gonna do.

I have an entire playlist of 'new surf rock' on my iphone.

If you like Real Estate you should also check out their cover of the Strokes' 'Hard to Explain' which is on a tribute album for Is This It? It's the best thing they've ever done imo. Surfer Blood is also in somewhat this category, but a lot of their stuff trends more towards mainstream (indie) rock.

The lawyering thing sucks, but what are you gonna do.

I have an entire playlist of 'new surf rock' on my iphone.

If you like Real Estate you should also check out their cover of the Strokes' 'Hard to Explain' which is on a tribute album for Is This It? It's the best thing they've ever done imo. Surfer Blood is also in somewhat this category, but a lot of their stuff trends more towards mainstream (indie) rock.

They did the "Barely Legal" cover on that album I thought:

I like Surfer Blood, but agree it feels like it's in a slightly different category.

Going to see this genius tonight. Gon' be lots of hot accordion and triangle playing.

I think Say Hey might need to bust out his Acerola dance.

I've been trying to think of good Real Estate comparisons. Instead of thinking too hard, I'm just listening to the Real Estate last.fm station now.

First up: War on Drugs. I guess I can see it.

Ah, thanks last.fm. They nailed it.

DIIV is a project of Beach Fossils guitarist Cole Smith and ex-Smith Westerns drummer Colby Hewitt

Sounds exactly like Real Estate, although the vocals are bit more washed out.

Back