• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Fifth row at Wait Chapel was the only concert i ever left because it was too loud. It was Mahavishnu Orchestra.

They were so loud that even with the chapel doors closed the doors at Reynolda Hall were vibrating.

My favorite front row seat was at The Main Point to see a young Linda Ronstadt in a mesh top and no bra.

Townie, that is amazing.

Probably the worst part about sort of living between two towns (Chicago/Houston) is that I routinely miss concerts as they're in both cities at a time when I'm not there. So it goes with Mangum. Bummer.

Townie, that is amazing.

Probably the worst part about sort of living between two towns (Chicago/Houston) is that I routinely miss concerts as they're in both cities at a time when I'm not there. So it goes with Mangum. Bummer.

Let's just hope Mangum doesn't go into hiding for another decade between now and February. I wanna hear April 8th, Oh Comely, and Holland, 1945 live before I die.

I remember seeing Moby at Ziggys and it being ridiculously loud. I had to leave Yo La Tengo a couple of years ago at the Cradle. That's the only time my ears have ever actually hurt. It also just sounded like shit, unfortunately.

townie, what can you tell me about of monsters and men?

oh, well there ya go. thanks.
they just came up on my Florence + the machine pandora, in between mumford and the lumineers.

oh, and lana del rey is the worst.

imo.

townie, what can you tell me about of monsters and men?

I posted a vid by them the other day. This song is so good. I kept playing it over and over after I heard it. I like it better than the record version.

Not a particularly good year for new music. It was a real struggle to put together a list mid-year and most everything that I was looking forward to in the second half has been disappointing.

Back