• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

My cousin who is buds with Jenn Wasner from Wye Oak is crashing with us for Thanksgiving. Going to try to get her hammered and make some drunk dials.

Weeknd's Trilogy reissue reminding me how good this shit is. House of Balloons is just babytown frolics.

I trusted you El Chupacabra, and checked them out.

You did not let me down.

I pretty much love everything they've done, including the two brothers' solo efforts The Week That Was and School of Language.

Respectfully disagree..

Mozart and Beethoven for me. And they're not my favorites either. Shostakovich for the win.

Hacks! Peddlers of fantasy! Manipulators of emotion! Tricksters!

For me it's Bach. Always has been and forever shall be. To listen and play. But I hear ya brahhhh.

I said I wasn't gonna compile my year end lists this year cause I lost all my research and a lot of my new music/playlists when I spilleda beer on my computer. Plus deacvision always manages to make me feel shitty about myself. But I've gotten a couple people asking me, so here's my request: y'all start putting shit together as well, albums and tracks, so we can compare like we did midyear. Cheers.

Before you finalize your 2012 list you should take a listen to the Brooklyn band Parquet Courts debut record. Great stuff and getting some really good press from Pitchfork, Stereogum and Aquarium Drunkard. They've been compared to Television, Wire, Sonic Youth and Pavement. Not really a fan of the overhyped Brooklyn scene but these guys are the real deal.

Man, Beulah was good as shit. Great band, criminally small output. But damn, these last three albums...

Not new, but I dig it. If you click on this video you might want to skip the first minute- it involves a dinosaur humping a spacecraft.

Last edited:
I crawl like a viper
Through these suburban streets
Make love to these women
Languid and bittersweet

Now it's day I've been trying to get the taste off my tongue
I was dreaming of just you, now my cereal, it is warm.

artworks-000031610453-zzxm4m-original.jpeg

Weird to see a Baby's mention. I was talking about this vid/song with someone a couple weeks ago.

Yeah apparently there's two of them. I had never listened to the band you posted.

Yeah, I think they were a good band but I doubt most people on here would dig 'em. But sometimes I feel like listening to soft rock from the seventies. :couch:

TV is even shittier today than when this song was made. I read Kim Kardashian was the number one person searched for on Bing- kind of depressing.

Back