• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Director Paul Thomas Anderson unearths a lost Elliot Smith video he directed for VH1. Very nice.

This morning a video went up on Paul Thomas Anderson’s YouTube account with this note: “I tore up the floorboards at H.Q. the other day and came up with this little number on VHS. She holds up well.” That little number is a test run for The Jon Brion Show, a variety series that was pitched to VH1 back in 2000, with Anderson directing the pilot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK4okHerWeI

Yeah, good stuff.

Sure. But I dig the early stuff.

Rain Parade were in town last night, but as my friend said to me after we watched some youtubes from other shows on the tour, they look like my older Jewish uncles when I was growing up.

Sure. But I dig the early stuff.

Rain Parade were in town last night, but as my friend said to me after we watched some youtubes from other shows on the tour, they look like my older Jewish uncles when I was growing up.

Yep. Love the Rain Parade but looking at some of the new vids just depresses me.

New albums this week from Joy Formidable and Ra Ra Riot, among others. Not really into the Ra Ra Riot album. Joy Formidable sounds promising, but I've only listened at work with the music turned relatively low, and that's a band that needs to be blasted loud.

Reallllly feeling this line up. Will hopefully be in attendance.
GB2013_Admat_FullLineup_RGB_FINAL_012213_610.png

laughing at the frozen rain

My second favorite under the radar Steely Dan tune after Caves of Altamira.

Last edited:
Governor's Ball looks awesome.. I might buy a ticket and just sell it if I can't get up there..

Here's a little Tallest Man and his wifey going hard... Damien Jurado cover

New albums next Tuesday from Ducktails and Local Natives. Frightened Rabbit the week after that. Lots of good new stuff to check out.

New song from the Strokes. It sucks. Not as bad as the worst of Angles, but it's looking more and more like Casablancas is just trying to keep up with trends and is forgetting what made the Strokes cool in the first place. The result is a grating, weirdly over-electronic track that feels like a rock band knockoff of M83's "Midnight City".

New song from the Strokes. It sucks. Not as bad as the worst of Angles, but it's looking more and more like Casablancas is just trying to keep up with trends and is forgetting what made the Strokes cool in the first place. The result is a grating, weirdly over-electronic track that feels like a rock band knockoff of M83's "Midnight City".

Yeah that song was awful, I did like some of their stuff from Angles. Machu Picchu was a sick song but again I completely agree. I couldn't believe it was the Strokes when I was listening to it. Hopefully the rest of the album isn't like One Way Trigger.

Fuck me. Sounds like Thom Yorke singing along to the music in Mario Kart.

Heard this guy on NPR the other day, John Fullbright. His debut album is nominated for a Grammy in Americana.

Back