• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

[video=youtube;6sFyRQPraJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6sFyRQPraJ8#at=201[/video]

18 years since the last Dead show. Jerry was pretty much a shell of his former glory, but he still brought it on occasion.

Preservation Hall Jazz Band releases their first full-length LP of entirely original material today called "That's It". It's produced by Jim James (of My Morning Jacket fame).

I've listened to most of it and it's really good.

NPR is streaming it right now here:

http://www.npr.org/2013/06/30/195945367/first-listen-preservation-hall-jazz-band-thats-it

I saw the two of them together at the Koka Booth in 2009. It was a great show. They seemed to jive really well.

Can't decide if I wanna bail on Work Drugs (free and close to my house) and drop $40 on Belle & Sebastian/Yo La Tengo tonight.

I guess I'll hide it in this thread....

Does anybody have any advice about traveling/packing for a weekend festival? Me and my friend are flying to Belgium for Tomorrowland so we won't have access to cars and what not and will be camping all weekend. We know the basic camping stuff and will have lockers at both the camping location and the actual festival grounds.

Great lyrics and kickass guitar. About that car chase James Brown had in SC with the cops.
7 cars give chase "You're in the
clear...this is the race of the year!"
"Faster Soul Master, they're coming at you from all directions,
Speed's your protection...Don't look behind
you 'til south Carolina"
Cops spring a roadblock "He ain't gonna stop!"
"He's gonna take a pop!"
Someone opens fire, the trucks front tyres are blown out
"Get the hell out!"...
As six mile skid, trapped in a ditch,
In the lap of the FBI, the Secret Service,
The Russians, "they're all in this, they're doing it to James
Like they did it to Elvis"

Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers wanted to kick their asses for this song. He was close friends with River Phoenix and was there the night he died.

Back