• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I'm not a Vice guy. They peddle cultural appropriation to white guys who want to feel like they're edgy. It's a bunch of "OMG I'm a white American out here doing things that are CRAZY!" with no nuance. Not saying the shit they do isn't dangerous, I just take issue with their presentation. I was unimpressed with the Chiraq bit. And fucking Rupert Murdoch is an investor.

They do have this funny-ass article where this writer visits the Creationism Museum in Kentucky or some shit.

Ehhh. I see where you are coming from, but I actually think they try and drill deeper than the major news networks of the world. The guy in the ATL vid, Thomas Morton, has been to the front lines in Syria, and the Congo and has also gone to North Korea and radiation infested parts of Kazakhstan.

While he may not 'get it' like say a black reporter from ATL who is more 'inside' the scene might, I think you also gain an important outsiders perspective from that angle. If you watch the first part of the ATL series, he immediately asks the BMF guys about Big Meech, and no one wants to answer, because Big Meech is in jail for 30+ years, and started the ATL trap scene with drug money. He and his brother were some of the most notorious coke dealers this city has ever seen, and I am sure they are still attempting to pull strings from inside.

Not sure a regular hip hop reporter who would be more star struck by these guys would ask those tough questions.

one of these years i'm gonna go

B75mQ-wCIAEtNYY.jpg

I didn't like the new bada$$. I do like the new Lupe a lot.

New Dodos just made me want to listen to Visiter again. I don't know how those dudes got that album SO RIGHT or why they haven't come close to replicating it, but man. I went back and listened to it last night. Shit still holds up. Gives me all the feels.

idk i liked no color a lot, probably more than visiter

they are an absolutely killer live act

when i saw them at webster hall, the drummer had duct taped tambourines to his feet, had a double bass and double hi hat pedal, and a pretty insane kit, and was using some weird attachment on his hat to hit drums behind his head

The Dodos make me want to listen to Sung Tongs.

Last edited:
Damn, that's an awesome line-up. A good friend of mine has played that festival a couple of times and says that as far as festivals go, Primavera is definitely one of the best.

one of these years i'm gonna go

B75mQ-wCIAEtNYY.jpg

Yeah I'm sort of actually considering going to that, but I think it'd have to be solo, not sure I could convince a bro to spend a grand on the trip. :(

mdmh, get at me

I dunno. I feel like if I was in Barcelona I would feel bad going to see american bands at a festival all day instead of tapas and iberico and chorizo and granache and crianza and tempranillo and chicas and mujeres and topless beaches and art and hash and all of that.

I dunno. I feel like if I was in Barcelona I would feel bad going to see american bands at a festival all day instead of tapas and iberico and chorizo and granache and crianza and tempranillo and chicas and mujeres and topless beaches and art and hash and all of that.

I mean the way flight prices work, I'd probably be there for a week

Ehhh. I see where you are coming from, but I actually think they try and drill deeper than the major news networks of the world. The guy in the ATL vid, Thomas Morton, has been to the front lines in Syria, and the Congo and has also gone to North Korea and radiation infested parts of Kazakhstan.

While he may not 'get it' like say a black reporter from ATL who is more 'inside' the scene might, I think you also gain an important outsiders perspective from that angle. If you watch the first part of the ATL series, he immediately asks the BMF guys about Big Meech, and no one wants to answer, because Big Meech is in jail for 30+ years, and started the ATL trap scene with drug money. He and his brother were some of the most notorious coke dealers this city has ever seen, and I am sure they are still attempting to pull strings from inside.

Not sure a regular hip hop reporter who would be more star struck by these guys would ask those tough questions.
"I think I'm Big Meech, Larry Hoover, whippin' work, hallelujah"

Maybe 1/3 of the bands are American. Nothing stopping you from taking advantage of the rest of the shit on a 5 day trip.

going to see Black Violin in Charlotte tonight. I haven't ever seen them but their youtubes are pretty sweet.

Viet Cong's s/t is pretty good. I wasn't feeling the first half, but it came around nicely... I think it might grow on me with some more listens

Back