• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I like Chvrches too (as well as Grimes), but of course Shrines came out a year before The Bones of What You Believe. Badass may not be the best adjective, but there are several good songs on Shrines.

Leon Bridges is getting closer to an album, it sounds like. I've really liked all the singles he's released:

Was never really big on MMJ. I've always kind of been more of a Flaming Lips fan w/r/t neo-psych/indie rock. I think I've listened to Z and The Tennessee Fire a few times, but that's it. They're alright, but I can't pick a favorite song.

Really liked that latest Jim James solo album though.

Go see them live. I have seen many shows, and their concert at the Mann two years ago was a top 5 show.

Go see them live. I have seen many shows, and their concert at the Mann two years ago was a top 5 show.

Better than a Flaming Lips show? That's a tough argument.

I haven't seen them live though, and they seem like they'd bring it.

Last edited:
For the Purity Ring / Chvrches / M83 fans out there, here is the new Major Lazer, which is still that same sort of DJ indie synth pop, but with not as much stiff antiseptic whiteness permeating it. Diplo knows how to dirty everything up a bit. This is sort of the step sister of "Get Free," which was a consensus top song of 2013.

gonna post this song again (in spite of the terrifying video)

i can't wait to thrash to these guys live when they finally come to the US

Better than a Flaming Lips show? That's a tough argument.

I haven't seen them live though, and they seem like they'd bring it.

I liked it better than the FL shows I've been to over the years, but that is just me.

Not a fan of that particular Girl Band video but I really like the song. I went and checked out a couple of their live videos and while the drummer is kick ass I'm sort of concerned that the two guitar players don't actually really know how to play guitar- they just hit the strings a lot and then run everything through crazy pedal effects and distortion.

Not a fan of that particular Girl Band video but I really like the song. I went and checked out a couple of their live videos and while the drummer is kick ass I'm sort of concerned that the two guitar players don't actually really know how to play guitar- they just hit the strings a lot and then run everything through crazy pedal effects and distortion.

also known as "post punk"

Leon is the shit. Seeing him next week.

Opening for Lord Huron or solo? He's doing both on back-to-back nights here in Chicago, with the solo set being at the Green Mill. Both sold out. Tryna see if I can't weasel into the solo show.

Completely agree. They are one of the best live bands out there. Jim james is amazing.

"Badass" is not a word I associate with Purity Ring. They are a poor man's Chvrches.

Saw them on Seth Meyers last night. The comparison to Chvrches is spot-on, and the Chvrches singer is a lot better to look at.

Back