• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

one of my favorite musical weirdos is putting out another album this year

I'm not a big Dead fan or jam band fan or anything, but this lineup is so absurd that I think that I have to go

Before the Grateful Dead reunite for their three-night farewell stand in Chicago this July, its four surviving members — Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Bob Weir and Phil Lesh — and a number of special guests will pay tribute to Jerry Garcia at a special gig at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland on May 14th.

Dubbed "Dear Jerry: Celebrating The Music of Jerry Garcia," the show will feature performances from Lesh's outfit Communion, Kreutzmann's Billy and the Kids, Bruce Hornsby, Eric Church, Buddy Miller, David Grisman, Greensky Bluegrass, Moe., Los Lobos, O.A.R., Railroad Earth, Widespread Panic, the Disco Biscuits, Yonder Mountain String Band, Trampled By Turtles, Jimmy Cliff, Jorma Kaukonen, Stu Allen, Grahame Lesh, Ross James, Alex Koford and Jason Crosby. Additional performers will be announced in the coming weeks.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...booked-for-jerry-garcia-tribute-show-20150305

#scoooop

vinyl peeps: me and my bois want to get our friend a record player / speaker system for his wedding gift -- ideally something that can both play his records but also connect to his spotify. any recos?

Almost forgot how much I fucking love this album. Holy shit, 13 year old Chupe is fucking raging right now with my man Henry getting the feels.

Last edited:
Almost forgot how much I fucking love this album. Holy shit, 13 year old Chupe is fucking raging right now with my man Henry getting the feels.

Ha, you would love my UK BFF. He wears fucking Rollins shirts to give academic papers at conferences. He's a fucking boss.

saw Hurray for the Riff Raff last night at Gruene Hall, good band on their records and really fun show. Would recommend to anyone. The lead singer is really impressive, even moreso in person.

I know for a fact that if rawarr doesn't already love Leon Bridges, he would by listening to a couple tunes

saw Hurray for the Riff Raff last night at Gruene Hall, good band on their records and really fun show. Would recommend to anyone. The lead singer is really impressive, even moreso in person.

Shit, you went last night!? AWESOME. I had several friends go. I saw them three times last year, and they are one of the best "local" bands. They'll definitely be at SX too.

I haven't seen you in like a year...what's going on!?

Picked up a Yardbirds album in Austin this weekend, and came home to find that a friend bought me the Sturgill Simpson album on vinyl as a late birthday present!

New? Grimes. Another track from the album she trashed after poor feedback from indie dorks after the release of 'Go'. Man, between Go and this, that would have been the makings of a pretty solid album. Shame she abandoned the project. Still really looking forward to what is next for her. One of the only indie artists out there, esp in the electropop subgenre, still making original relevant content imo.

lol is TAB just Carles?

i'm not sure i've ever seen a post on here that contained the words: indie, electropop, original, relevant

Grimes, good for u bb!

Back