• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Pops Staples new album is tight.

https://play.spotify.com/track/4SmbQt4iFY5GTJQXGxz5Is

MI0003837221.jpg

Another dumb ass millennial

Learn your music history yo

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_the_World
What hipster douche bubble world are you living in where I should know who Dot Wiggins is? I probably haven't heard 99% of the good music from 1968, so expecting me to recognize on sight the lead singer of one of the worst albums ever made is ridiculous. I was at my 2nd Neutral Milk concert, so maybe cool it on the obscure music condescension.

Anybody ever been to Tuck Fest at the Whitewater Center before? Strand of Oaks and Jason Isbell are playing Friday, and it's free. Trying to get a feel for the crowd. This picture from last year has me a little concerned.

Schedule_FH1.jpg

http://tuckfest.org/

Last edited:
Maybe you've got a playlist of the worst musicians ever that you could forward me so that I can educate myself on terrible music?

Maybe you've got a playlist of the worst musicians ever that you could forward me so that I can educate myself on terrible music?

Just surprised that with all your obscure band name dropping you never heard of the Shaggs before. Next, you'll tell me Big Star is a grocery store in Memphis.

Just surprised that with all your obscure band name dropping you never heard of the Shaggs before. Next, you'll tell me Big Star is a grocery store in Memphis.
I've never claimed or pretended to be super well acquainted with music of that era, but I'm probably more knowledgeable than the average person. Knowledgeable enough to know that the Shaggs and Dot Wiggins were a joke and not even relevant enough to be the answer to a trivia question.

I've never claimed or pretended to be super well acquainted with music of that era, but I'm probably more knowledgeable than the average person. Knowledgeable enough to know that the Shaggs and Dot Wiggins were a joke and not even relevant enough to be the answer to a trivia question.

Your boy Cobain disagreed, as did Zappa

Anybody ever been to Tuck Fest at the Whitewater Center before? Strand of Oaks and Jason Isbell are playing Friday, and it's free. Trying to get a feel for the crowd. This picture from last year has me a little concerned.

Schedule_FH1.jpg

http://tuckfest.org/

It's gonna be a rager. I gotta check my schedule again and see if I can still make it out there. Getting in and out of the USNWC is a pain in the ass.

Reactions: BDL
Your boy Cobain disagreed, as did Zappa
24 years ago somebody said that a joke band was their 5th favorite band. You really need a reality check, you've gone too far down the rabbit hole. Do you think that people from your generation know who the Shaggs are? Please take a street poll and get back to me.

oh man I love it when mdmh gets all indignant

one of my favorite parts of these here internets

Holy shit.

So we have new albums from San Fermin, Alabama Shakes, Speedy Ortiz, and Built to Spill all streaming for free over at NPR First Listen this week, plus new Passion Pit streaming for free at iTunes First.

wo.

24 years ago somebody said that a joke band was their 5th favorite band. You really need a reality check, you've gone too far down the rabbit hole. Do you think that people from your generation know who the Shaggs are? Please take a street poll and get back to me.

Why do you call them a joke band?

Why do you call them a joke band?
Because they were all terrible child musicians forced to play music by their dad who payed to have their record produced to fulfill a palm reading fortune. You got the Cobain quote, I figured you had read the rest of the wikipedia page. I realize that you're never going to admit that you're full of shit, but I'm going to stop participating in this conversation any way.

Back