• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

it's the moooost wonderful time of the year!

http://www.saidthegramophone.com/archives/best_songs_of_2015.php

some lists are garbage but i always ALWAYS look forward to STG every year

just consistently great stuff - huge influence on how i put lists together - no shame in loving pop or weird shit or whatever you want

Working my way through and I totally forgot about that Kiiara track. Pretty dope.

Agree that the Bieber track at #2 is pretty weak.

Damn...Ronnie Wood's old lady is having twins. He's 68, she's 37; good for him.

Had to dig a bit for this, and the audio's not the best, but it's pretty good. Ronnie's solo starts around the 5' mark:

What are some of your favorite covers? I'll start with this one from Trampled by Turtles:

I'm drawing a blank on some other great ones I like, but this is usually my go-to answer for favorite cover song

Original:

Modern Baseball was really fun last night. Another solid show.

Just picked up tix for DEERHUNTER tomorrow night though. This week might kill me.

mobo ended the show last night with a cover of "Mr Brightside," led by a dude from one of the opening bands

i always end up posting the same vids every time this question gets asked bc i love them

this one has some amazing moments - she flubs the lyrics a little at 1:28 but recovers with a little smile and kills it

then at 2:08 when the string solo kicks in and she has that ooooooo look

i love st vincent

Little girl calls into to public radio fundraiser and requests to sing Route 66. Yo La Tengo back her request.

Absolutely mind-blowing. One of my favorite pianists ever. I prefer the early 1939 version to later recordings.

Back