• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

54a9a3378a18ebbdbf29497a83c73010.png

My afternoon at the Fishtowne Brew House. It’s great being the first customer through the door.

Solid way to start an afternoon...the record in queue behind Frampton isn't too shabby either.

Epic music weekend completed; 3 days, 3 shows.

Friday Night - Avett Brothers with David Crosby & Friends at Red Rocks. A rainbow appeared over Red Rocks while DC played; it was an awesome night out and that really set the tone for what would be a GREAT Avett Brothers set. This was their best show of the 5 or so I've seen. I had recently watched "May It Last" and that really changed how I view the band and hear the songs from True Sadness. rating: 10/10

Saturday Night - The Get Up Kids at the Oriental Theater. Long time favorite of mine; first saw them about 17 years ago. It was so cool to see them in a room with about a thousand people in it. They were so awesome - they sounded great, they played tons of stuff across their entire catalog, and the songs off the new EP were really, really good live. That was the most fun I've had at a show in a long time. rating: 15/10

Sunday - one of my buddy's played a brunch set with his acoustic/folk project, called Solohawk. They played a venue called Ophelia's which is an old brothel turned restaurant/bar/venue. Cool spot; nice mellow music to ease into Sunday after a fun weekend. rating: 10/10

Friday Night - Avett Brothers with David Crosby & Friends at Red Rocks. A rainbow appeared over Red Rocks while DC played; it was an awesome night out and that really set the tone for what would be a GREAT Avett Brothers set. This was their best show of the 5 or so I've seen. I had recently watched "May It Last" and that really changed how I view the band and hear the songs from True Sadness. rating: 10/10

Saturday Night - The Get Up Kids at the Oriental Theater. Long time favorite of mine; first saw them about 17 years ago. It was so cool to see them in a room with about a thousand people in it. They were so awesome - they sounded great, they played tons of stuff across their entire catalog, and the songs off the new EP were really, really good live. That was the most fun I've had at a show in a long time. rating: 15/10

Sunday - one of my buddy's played a brunch set with his acoustic/folk project, called Solohawk. They played a venue called Ophelia's which is an old brothel turned restaurant/bar/venue. Cool spot; nice mellow music to ease into Sunday after a fun weekend. rating: 10/10

How is Croz sounding these days? His new stuff kind of intrigues me. He is playing with a woman from Winston in his band, too, Becca Stevens.

How is Croz sounding these days? His new stuff kind of intrigues me. He is playing with a woman from Winston in his band, too, Becca Stevens.

I thought he sounded good and I really enjoyed his set. This was the first time I've seen him, so I can't compare to anything else.

This is pretty fun. A reunited rehearsing Buffalo Springfield thinking about a 20 year reunion gig in the mid-80s that petered out. Just some jamming.

Nice. I was at the Saturday Avett show. Finally made it out to Red Rocks. Lives up to the hype. Need to watch "May It Last".
We almost went to Ophelia's, but decided to go to Linger, an old mortuary turned restaurant/bar venue instead of the brothel route.

Was seriously digging this record yesterday morning and afternoon. Very lazy Sunday.

Speaking of Red Rocks, I put on the 7/8/78 Dead show from there the other day on 7/8/18 and it smokes. Every once in a while I will go on a Dead run, and like 90% of the time it is from some show in '78. I'm always on the look out for a dank heady Estimated->Eyez.

Two Becker/Fagen compositions I had never heard before. They contributed to this guy Thomas Jefferson Kaye's first two records -- produced by Dan producer Gary Katz and including Dan regulars Vic Feldman and Rick Derringer -- and their fingerprints are all over it, though Kaye's own songs are pretty tight. First record is kind of like Steely Dan swamp rock, second is a little more polished, but fun.

First record:

Speaking of Red Rocks, I put on the 7/8/78 Dead show from there the other day on 7/8/18 and it smokes. Every once in a while I will go on a Dead run, and like 90% of the time it is from some show in '78. I'm always on the look out for a dank heady Estimated->Eyez.

Yeah, I was listening to a Wharf Rat on the XM GD channel the other day from the 78 summer tour that was scorching.

Damn...do yourselves a favor and pull up tonight’s dead recording. Wow! So stoked to have shared that with my son for his first live show. Unreal night!

https://reddit.app.link/TYCgjOLQzO

I look forward to this. I was threatening to go when they were in Raleigh last month, but deacondeuse6 never got back to me. I've heard some good things about this tour.

Back