• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I really love the new Courtney Barnett album. In what is sure to be a hot take on this thread, I much prefer it to the first.

Going to see dead and Company in Raleigh tonight. Hoping for a Branford Marsalis sit in

saw everyone’s boy casablancas and the voidz last night. i guess the voidz are basically an excuse for him to scream like an idiot, but it was mostly hardcore mosh pit type stuff, turrible.

from p4k's ye review

So to seek answers within ye—answers that do not involve fucking Stormy Daniels lookalikes while tripping on DMT, at least—feels foolish. And maybe Kanye West doesn’t owe us answers. Maybe we cared way too much, projecting all that genius onto a guy who wore shutter shades and never missed an opportunity for a mayonnaise pun. Maybe it created a dynamic that’s turned out to be actively toxic to both music and politics. Maybe we should abolish the word “genius,” or just find heroes who give a shit. But I can admit that after ye ended unceremoniously the third or fourth time, I put on “Family Business,” and I thought about the kid from Chicago who wanted to be the biggest rapper in the world, who now lives in an empty-looking concrete mansion in Calabasas, who has stopped trying.

Music Midtown lineup is out and it blows

mm18-admat-websitebillboard-480x650-5eea9eee.jpg

I would dig 6 of those acts, and I would ironically enjoy Fall Out Boy

I was browsing the BSO/Tanglewood schedule the other day and being very jealous of my friend who spends her summers there and gets to see everything for free and doesn’t invite me up.

Lots of Bernstein for his centennial, The Emerson doing all the Beethoven quartets, Ades conducting Ades w/ Christian Tetzlaff and Sibelius 5, Britten’s Four Sea Interludes, etc etc. Dang.

Also some pop music for the olds. Stills and Collins, Croz, Ry Cooder and Emmylou (that’d be a dope show actually), the og JT. On and on.
https://www.bso.org/Performance/Listing?pageNo=0&perPage=10&brands=6427

I was browsing the BSO/Tanglewood schedule the other day and being very jealous of my friend who spends her summers there and gets to see everything for free and doesn’t invite me up.

Lots of Bernstein for his centennial, The Emerson doing all the Beethoven quartets, Ades conducting Ades w/ Christian Tetzlaff and Sibelius 5, Britten’s Four Sea Interludes, etc etc. Dang.

Also some pop music for the olds. Stills and Collins, Croz, Ry Cooder and Emmylou (that’d be a dope show actually), the og JT. On and on.
https://www.bso.org/Performance/Listing?pageNo=0&perPage=10&brands=6427

I'm going to see Wait Wait Don't Tell Me at Tanglewood a week from tomorrow. In-laws have a lake house in the Berkshires. Nice part of the country.

Nice man. I hope to make it up there one day, I was thwarted by weather last summer.

Back